• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My 20 m Old Golden continues to have hot spots

AgnesB

All-Access Member
Registered
The only way to stop my dog from scratching and chewing her skin is to wear a cone. Ordered the gel from Dr. Jeff and have been on raw food 4 weeks w supplements and vitamins suggested on this forum. What else can I do?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Agnes!

Have you seen any BEAM changes since starting Bella on the raw food?

Does she stop and itch even when she is engaging with her environment on a therapeutic sniff walk or when using a snuffle mat?

AgnesB

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff,
Bella looked hungrier and her stool is small. However, the hot sports continue to be a problem. I finished the gel and did t see any improvement. It looks like Bella is panting more and noticed some puss and swollen part of her thigh on the inside of her stomach.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Agnes. If the higher vitality food, and any homeopathic medicines she received didn't have much effect, you might want to consider an Idexx blood test for Sarcoptic mange.

This is a common cause for a super itchy young dog.

AgnesB

All-Access Member
Registered
Where can I go for that?
What can be used for an infected part of the leg from the inside of Bella’s stomach as Shawn on the picture? Can i buy any natural remedies as I try to about a visit a regular vet?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Any vet with an account with the Idexx lab can run the test.

Stem Gel, Dr. Rose's salve, skin soother from Wondercide, aloe vera, calendula, etc. are great topicals to use.

However, topicals can't solve the underlying skin issue.

Are you using at least 1/2 cup of the wild blueberry-kale smoothie?

AgnesB

All-Access Member
Registered
I haven’t made the smoothie yet. I remember seeing the recipe somewhere at the forum.

Are these topicals available at your website? I’ll be looking into it. Have to also get a vet appointment for that blood test you suggested, Dr. Jeff
Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's the smoothie:

Yes, most of the topicals are on the homevet.com site.

Two things I did not mention are an essential oil blend that can both calm itch as well as decrease redness:

And the balancing probiotic blend in MoringaPet Balance:

AgnesB

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, I have both of the suggested remedies. How often should I spray my pup with the oils? I have bought them from you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The Calm 'N Soothe spray is most effective when used frequently at first, then slowed as improvement is seen.

Spray your hands and massage it in every 3-5 minutes for acute redness.

I would consider using double and even triple the moringa dose on the label. Add to each meal and as a treat (Archie just had some mixed with a raw egg and jicama). It makes great frozen pup-sicles when mixed with water or goats milk.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom