• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mast Cell Tumor Treatment and Torigen Vaccination for Healey the 3 Legged Golden Retriever

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m starting a new thread as suggested because I’m a bit confused with this new diagnosis of mast cell tumors. 2 were removed last Tuesday and hopefully I will get the biopsy results in the next few days. Post surgery he has done very well. He is taking Thuja and Arnica and a probiotic since the surgeon put him on five days antibiotics. I refused his pain meds and Arnica has been fine. Now the confusion. Of course the more I read the more confused. Cleo diet? I can’t even imagine going into a store and buying kibble. If cooked it should be pressure cooked? Boiled? I’m talking meat. Benedryl Tagamet?? Xue Fuzhu Yu Tang? Turkey tail mushroom? Help!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Judy-

Sorry to hear about the presumptive (pending the biopsy report) diagnosis and your confusion.

I know it can be overwhelming at first.

All of the info. here on the forum, and in the member area, about care for the pet with a cancer diagnosis might be useful.

In addition to all of the supplements you asked about, there's also the Torigen mast cell tumor vaccine you asked about in the other thread.

This, like other vaccines, is based on the principle that giving the body a little of the illness can stimulate a healing response. Perhaps similar to "likes cure likes"?

However, let's see what the tumor biopsy says before going into too many specifics.

In the meantime, eliminate carbohydrates (mainly fruits and veggies) from his diet. There's also a raw meat cancer diet from Darwin's:

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Judy-

Sorry to hear about the presumptive (pending the biopsy report) diagnosis and your confusion.

All of the info. here on the forum, and in the member area, about care for the pet with a cancer diagnosis might be useful.

In addition to all of the supplements you asked about, there's also the Torigen mast cell tumor vaccine you asked about in the other thread.

This, like other vaccines, is based on the principle that giving the body a little of the illness can stimulate a healing response. Perhaps similar to "likes cure likes"?

However, let's see what the tumor biopsy says before going into too many specifics.

In the meantime, eliminate carbohydrates (mainly fruits and veggies) from his diet. There's also a raw meat cancer diet from Darwin's:

Eliminate fruits and veggies? What about the blueberry kale smoothy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Judy!

That is great antioxidant support to continue giving.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Also, even before getting the biopsy report, this would be the time to schedule an appointment with a veterinary homeopath or TCVM practitioner who can work at the deep level to create the balance needed.

For supplements, as you read all the material experts here have suggested, let your intuition be your guide. Pick 2 or 3, maybe including Vitamin C, and observe any changes. Re-evaluate every week or so. We can really stress the body with too many supplements at one time.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
His biopsy report came back and I’m encouraged. They were mast cell but lowest grade and got good margins. Mitotic value was zero and I was told 96% chance not to recur??

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
His biopsy report came back and I’m encouraged. They were mast cell but lowest grade and got good margins. Mitotic value was zero and I was told 96% chance not to recur??
Now I’m confused after actually reading the report ( the other was by phone and I may have misunderstood) it looks like grade 2? I sent Dr Jeff the report to translate. Thanks

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Regardless of the grade (good or bad) building vitality with homeopathy and all the ways you know will be the best way to have it not recur. Too often, with a good report, people let down their efforts to maximize health (not you, I know) and the appearance of the tumor is just a clue that something
is still off.

Dr. Christina

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Regardless of the grade (good or bad) building vitality with homeopathy and all the ways you know will be the best way to have it not recur. Too often, with a good report, people let down their efforts to maximize health (not you, I know) and the appearance of the tumor is just a clue that something
is still off.

Dr. Christina
Thank you

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Judy-

What if we didn’t send out for Torigen?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I believe that they then can't do it as they need the tumor.

I thought Dr, Robb had mentioned it to you?

Anyway, no worries as there are more curative things to do now. Like vitality building and balancing!

Torigen (like most conventional approaches) is palliative, not curative.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I believe that they then can't do it as they need the tumor.

I thought Dr, Robb had mentioned it to you?

Anyway, no worries as there are more curative things to do now. Like vitality building and balancing!

Torigen (like most conventional approaches) is palliative, not curative.
Did you read the biopsy report?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yup.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Grade 2 with no mitotic figures.

Low malignant potential. ?

narrow margins.

The biopsy doesn’t really change the holistic approach.

It does however tell us to be sure and do everything possible to optimize his vitality and balance

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
There must be something more going on with Healey!! He is the sweetest loving boy and now he attacked Piper yesterday and just now he attacked Sherlock. I pulled him off and he just looked at me like he had done nothing wrong! What can be happening??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom