• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Limping Pup

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi all,

I’d love some input here. Emmy is a crazy gal-she explodes to bark at the mailman, slides into walls and jukes like a pro while playing ball at warp speed. I try to throw short, create obstacles to slow her down etc. , but recently she strained her back leg. The doggie chiro said she thought Emmy strained her psoas and that was making her back leg sore-no evidence of cruciate issues. A week ago, while getting her ball Emmy injured herself and began limping on front leg. I’m doing cold laser and using some galliprant with her. My issue is when I give pain meds she feels better and reinjures herself, same after lsser. The only place she shows a small psin response is along that psoas. Any ideas for me? See video.

Thank you,

Melissa C

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Melissa!

How long has Emmy had any leg problems? How old is she? How much does she weigh (and is she overweight)?? Is there anything else going on with her?

There are lots of ways to support her starting with core strengthening exercises (see Dr. Torraca's great webinars), using a Lumasoothe, massage, etc.

You may also want to start with a doggy physical therapist/trainer and also consult a trained vet homeopath to help optimize her Happi-ness.

Also, consider using Arnica 10M (or similar high potency) before reaching for Galliprant/Rimadyl/Metacam etc.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Good for you to be working with a chiropractor and using the laser.
I would not use galla pentin, for it is not allowing the body heal itself.
An important way to think is that these "injuries" are a reflection of an internal vital force/energetic/Chi imbalance.

Symptoms are our clues to this imbalance, as are the EArly WArning Signs of Internal Imbalance. It may be useful to download the Healthy Dog Journal and begin to track ALL symptoms, not merely the lameness. As Dr. Jeff may have got you started thinking - it is important to view the "whole" dog, not merely the symptoms that seem bothersome.

See if your chiropractor is looking at rebalancing in general or only focusing on the lameness. Definitely try Dr. Jeff's great suggestion for Dr. Torraca's talk. Have you read the 5 lesson holistic health 101 course? That is important.

Be sure to schedule the 15 call each month to keep you on track.
Dr. Christina

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Good for you to be working with a chiropractor and using the laser.
I would not use galla pentin, for it is not allowing the body heal itself.
An important way to think is that these "injuries" are a reflection of an internal vital force/energetic/Chi imbalance.

Symptoms are our clues to this imbalance, as are the EArly WArning Signs of Internal Imbalance. It may be useful to download the Healthy Dog Journal and begin to track ALL symptoms, not merely the lameness. As Dr. Jeff may have got you started thinking - it is important to view the "whole" dog, not merely the symptoms that seem bothersome.

See if your chiropractor is looking at rebalancing in general or only focusing on the lameness. Definitely try Dr. Jeff's great suggestion for Dr. Torraca's talk. Have you read the 5 lesson holistic health 101 course? That is important.

Be sure to schedule the 15 call each month to keep you on track.
Dr. Christina
Thank you ?

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Melissa!

How long has Emmy had any leg problems? How old is she? How much does she weigh (and is she overweight)?? Is there anything else going on with her?

There are lots of ways to support her starting with core strengthening exercises (see Dr. Torraca's great webinars), using a Lumasoothe, massage, etc.

You may also want to start with a doggy physical therapist/trainer and also consult a trained vet homeopath to help optimize her Happi-ness.

Also, consider using Arnica 10M (or similar high potency) before reaching for Galliprant/Rimadyl/Metacam etc.

Thank you for responding. I had used Arnica, but only in 30c—I did order the 10m and it should arrive today.

BEAM has been great, I think she’s like I don’t need this leg anyway. For me I want to get her to a place where I can strengthen these muscles, so she stops injuring herself. I got busy and stopped doing some of the preventatives that were helping.

I’ll take a look at all of the recommended videos too, thanks!

It’s just difficult to choose the next step sometimes. How long do sprains take to heal? How do I determine if it’s a strain vs a fracture or break? Should the legs be wrapped or splinted for a sprain?

Thank you again.

Melissa

MelissaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Good morning-

I have received the 10m Arnica and gave her a dose last evening. How should I be administering this? I have not used the higher potencies before. I would say she was more subdued this morning, but seemed to be walking a bit better.

Thank you,

Melissa

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How long do sprains take to heal?
Great question! The specific answer depends on the individual, and the severity and location of the sprain.
How do I determine if it’s a strain vs a fracture or break?
Either way, if it's severe you need to go to your vet and let them decide.
Should the legs be wrapped or splinted for a sprain?
It depends. In general, I don't wrap or splint sprains.
How should I be administering this?
Again, it depends on the individual's response. I make up a cup (8 oz) of the remedy and give a 10 succussion dose (using a Q-tip) once a day (or more in acute cases) if needed. All the doses are from the original cup (which gets succussed before each dose).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom