• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Laser treatment

HA! Support

Administrator
All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Jill.

Can you be a bit more specific, so our experts can better answer your question? For example:
  • What issue would the laser treatment be for?
  • Is it for a dog or a cat?
  • How long has the issue been known?
  • What else has been tried (if anything)?
  • Whatever else you think may be helpful/important.

Thanks!

JillR

Registered
Hi Jill.

Can you be a bit more specific, so our experts can better answer your question? For example:
  • What issue would the laser treatment be for?
  • Is it for a dog or a cat?
  • How long has the issue been known?
  • What else has been tried (if anything)?
  • Whatever else you think may be helpful/important.

Thanks!
Hello it would be for arthritis because my dog is limping. The issue has been going on for a few weeks now.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
What else have you tried, Jill? and lameness is not always arthritis and limping needs different treatments given the context and the individual variations of the lameness.

I would try many of the energy and massage techniques we have covered in the Webinars before purchasing a laser. Also, read the article and see if there is animal chiropractic available. that is needed for general health, and especially if there has been limping.

A lot, though not all is in your member library button on joints. After reading that, maybe you can have some more specific questions we can help you with.

Be sure to be quantifying the lameness - when it happens, exactly how bad it is, what is the weather, what is happening in the house, inside, outside, jumping, hills, steps, walking, running, standing, stops when excited or eating or??? And record all these. The dog journal will help you with this.

Dr. Christina

JillR

Registered
Hello it would be for arthritis because my dog is limping. The issue has been going on for a few weeks now.
Hello, thank you so much for your reply. I periodically perform reiki on her and give her massages and I will continue to do that. I will look up the articles that you suggested as well.
I will say that it's curious because I live in Northern California and we have had unseasonable rain. Typically we are in a drought. It has been going on for months but the sun is finally coming out :)
So I'm wondering if the weather could have something to do with it. I did take her into a regular veterinarian, meaning not holistic, and they diagnosed her with arthritis.
There are no local vets that offer chiropractic or any other holistic service. I am willing to drive because I don't know how to perform the manipulations. I realize after listening to our q&a today that there are many that's that offer services virtually.
I try to heal her into intuitively and I watch her cues but obviously I still have a lot to learn. I'm so grateful for this program.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
You are so right, that weather may be implicated. Time will tell as you continue to quantify the lameness. Often conventional veterinarians just call older limping dogs arthritic. There can be so many other things. You say there is no one near by, but you will need to read and then go to ALL the web sites in the select a vet article.

Not sure where in N Ca, but there is at least possibly some acupuncture vets (from only looking at one site): 1 - arcata; 2 - shasta; 1 - Ukiah; and LOTS from Santa rosa to Sacramento to the bay area. Other sites may give you more.

Watch all the back webinars from Jan and Feb in 2023 and 2022 as they are very much about how you can energetically help.

Be sure to book your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself.

Dr. Christina

JillR

Registered
You are so right, that weather may be implicated. Time will tell as you continue to quantify the lameness. Often conventional veterinarians just call older limping dogs arthritic. There can be so many other things. You say there is no one near by, but you will need to read and then go to ALL the web sites in the select a vet article.

Not sure where in N Ca, but there is at least possibly some acupuncture vets (from only looking at one site): 1 - arcata; 2 - shasta; 1 - Ukiah; and LOTS from Santa rosa to Sacramento to the bay area. Other sites may give you more.

Watch all the back webinars from Jan and Feb in 2023 and 2022 as they are very much about how you can energetically help.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina
I live about 45 minutes north of Sacramento in a town called Yuba City and I have found places about an hour and 15 minutes away so that's not too far. I will continue to research. Thank you I will book my 15-minute appointment for this month

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Check out Dr. Madeline Yamate in Davis. Her websites seems to be having problems - https://ciamvet.com - phone is 530-405-4000
totally holistic practice - mostly TCVM but open to all sorts of practices. speaker, teacher, writer, served as officer of AHVMA, etc.
Definitely look through the article as only one site gave me 17 in the sacramento area!

Dr. Christina

JillR

Registered
Check out Dr. Madeline Yamate in Davis. Her websites seems to be having problems - https://ciamvet.com - phone is 530-405-4000
totally holistic practice - mostly TCVM but open to all sorts of practices. speaker, teacher, writer, served as officer of AHVMA, etc.
Definitely look through the article as only one site gave me 17 in the sacramento area!

Dr. Christina
Will do. Ty

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I have seen great results with cold laser, but it's important to use Class 2, not Class 4--which can burn the tissue, you have to wear goggles around it. Class 2 is much safer. As I understand it, the lower level ones set up waves throughout the body. I have seen absolute miracles with cold laser. I worked with a veterinary chiropractor in Denver for a couple of years. She did chiro and VOM, but her ace in the hole was a Class 2 Erconia (only $30,000!)... here is the story of one of her patients (before I started there). Laser therapy giving old dogs a new lease on life
While I was working there, we had the cutest little white Frenchie come in, smiling and happy but totally dragging her hind end. No reflexes, and worse: no deep pain. That is a very bad sign, and euthanasia had been recommended. In 2 weeks she could stand on three legs, and a week later she was walking... shaky at first but eventually she was just fine. Hard to believe if I hadn't seen her with my own eyes!

JillR

Registered
I have seen great results with cold laser, but it's important to use Class 2, not Class 4--which can burn the tissue, you have to wear goggles around it. Class 2 is much safer. As I understand it, the lower level ones set up waves throughout the body. I have seen absolute miracles with cold laser. I worked with a veterinary chiropractor in Denver for a couple of years. She did chiro and VOM, but her ace in the hole was a Class 2 Erconia (only $30,000!)... here is the story of one of her patients (before I started there). Laser therapy giving old dogs a new lease on life
While I was working there, we had the cutest little white Frenchie come in, smiling and happy but totally dragging her hind end. No reflexes, and worse: no deep pain. That is a very bad sign, and euthanasia had been recommended. In 2 weeks she could stand on three legs, and a week later she was walking... shaky at first but eventually she was just fine. Hard to believe if I hadn't seen her with my own eyes!
So it was 30k for the laser? Do you think I would have the same results if I purchased a laser? And if so do you know of a good one? Thank you

JillR

Registered
Okay great, because she isn't sleeping very well at night and I think she's in pain and I'm not sure what food or supplement to use to help her. She twitches and kind of sighs.

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yes, $30K, but that was for professional use - every day, many times a day. There are ones designed for individual/home use but I haven't kept up on brands, there are tons out there now. If you can find someone local who treats with it, or other mechanism like PEMF (BEMER is the best one, the one NASA chose for the space program!), that would probably help. An affordable option, if you know *where* the pain is, would be an Assisi Loop. They are similar to PEMF. In fact, I'm going to get mine in a minute, my back is pretty annoyed between cleaning and sitting at the computer!

But really, you need to work with a holistic vet, if not one of ours then someone local as Dr. Christina suggested. Just trying this or that on your own, haphazardly without a protocol or plan, will not get you optimal results and will most likely just cause confusion and frustration.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom