• Your logins to the main site and to this support forum are NOT the same. To get access to this forum, you must be a ALL-ACCESS member (register here). You will receive login information the day you register. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please use the Contact us form. First time posting? Watch this video and Follow this posting guide

Kitten ate yarn - in ER

Christie

All Access Member
Hello. My 9 mo old baby girl ? vomited string last night. It was hanging out the size of my arm I managed to cut that but I tugged the remaining and she jumped so high in the air and it felt stuck! I did it again. She swallowed the rest. I didn’t know. Vet said take her in right away. ER four hours last night. No blockages yet. It’s in small intestine per X-ray and ultrasound.
i willpick her up and monitor her eatingand if any vomiting then I’ll know a blockage is occurring and surgery will be required they said.
if I see it hanging out of her butt, so I tug a little ?? Any advice would be appreciated.
thank you! And any prayers would be helped up!! ??
Christie

Dr. Christina

Veterinarian
I would not tug on it.
This is one of the examples of the blessing of conventional medicine. Often the strings pass out, but other times they can bunch up the intestines so surgery is needed. The monitoring was a good thing.

You may want to speak with an animal intuitive to see if you can encourage her to never eat strings, yarn, etc again.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

Veterinarian
kate solisti spoke for our Empower Hour, so you could listen to that and see if she resonates. Lyons, Colorado (303) 834-9150 katesolisti@gmail.com; www.katesolisti.com;. www.myharmonypack.com YouTube channel: "Kinship with Animals." Internationally known Communicator since 1992, author of 7 books in 9 languages, Pack Leader of the Harmony Pack, and more.

A HA! member, Cassandra Kraham, is a communicator - Animal Communication - Paws of Enchantment

Linda Clayton Great Barrington, MA 01230 helped a cat who was peeing out of the box recently.
email: luluherself@gmail.com
phone: (413) 528-5501
web: animalstalk2me.wordpress.com

Christie

All Access Member
Thanks so much. Is there anything I could do, maybe give her pumpkin to help make her poop? Still waiting on that string to pass. Also if it comes out and is dangling, what is your advice on how to handle that?

Dr. Christina

Veterinarian
If the string is dangling, cut it off to about an inch of the anus, leaving enough to grab.

Pumpkin is great.

How is her BEAM?

If there are any other symptoms, we may think of a homeopathic medicine.

Do gently feel her belly every few hours. If pain develops, then back to the ER.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Sara

Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
I agree with Dr. Christina that you should not tug on the protruding yarn. The intestine is a extremely long tube which is folded on itself. If the yarn is strung out along the intestine, and you pull on it, it can cause the intestines to bunch on themselves and damage the intestine walls.

The string may pass on its own, and bulky foods like pumpkin can coat it and help it pass.

Be sure to keep yarn and string away from playful animals. If you see them eating something, it is better not to pull on it, as the string can wrap around the tongue and tissues of the throat. Try to open the mouth and gently remove it if you can. If the cat or dog won't let you take a look, and you are sure something has been eaten, an ER trip is in order to see if the substance is passing, or if it is trapped.

If Kitty's mouth or anus looks inflamed, Calendula 6 C (or 12 X, or 6 X) in water two or three times daily can decrease the inflammation. Otherwise, it is best to treat according to symptoms.

Let us know how you and the little one do!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom