• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How To Safely Use Essential Oils on Cats, Dogs and Birds

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
A frequently asked question is whether essential oils are safe to use on all pets.

Dr. Melissa Shelton (@Dr.Melissa) will be sharing her wisdom about this important topic with us on Monday 3/2/20.

If you are reading this after that date, you will find the recordings archived in your member area.

She also wrote a wonderfully detailed and referenced article if you prefer to read.

In addition to our Monday discussion, you can use this forum thread to discuss safety of essential oils in any pet.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I love AnimalEO! Used Dr. Shelton's oils on myself and Koby for a few years then stopped all oils when Koby was put on homeopathic treatments. Was told by his previous homeopath vets that all oils are not suitable when on remedies. Would love to use AnimalEO again for myself and Koby ... she offers "Lite" version of oils as well...I assume these are better options? I hope to learn how homeopathic medicines and essential oils can work together synergistically!

Dr.Melissa

Registered
Veterinarian
Oh good question! I will cover the homeopathic "controversy" with oils in the talk too!

Dr. Melissa Shelton

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
I sometimes used EOs for Kedron, my BMD with cancer. I would take the cap off the EO bottle and hold it about 2 feet away and she would clearly let me know if she was interested in it or not. Either she would stay and get a whiff or turn her head away and sometimes get up and leave. I never put any on her directly but if she was interested I may put it on myself or on a cotton ball near where she slept.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom