• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How Long Is Kennel Cough Contagious?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Robin just asked me this question by email and it's an important one, so I'm adding it here to our knowledgebase.

The question was from her pet sitter who wondered about her pup's residual cough after homeopathic medicines.

And that she thought that anti-biotics were the answer and "couldnt hurt" (per conventional vet advise)!

But we know that anti-biotics are not benign. Nor do they help most cases of kennel cough.

The conventional answer to the length of contagion question is about 1 week.

However the real answer is that it depends on the susceptibility of the individuals exposed to kennel cough.

In my experience, the answer is 0 days. Once successfully treated using homeopathy, these patients are not contagious.

However, I have linked to 2 conventional vet articles for more info.

Click/tap here for the one which I sent to Robin from your HMDM research folder.

Click/tap here for the infectious tracheobronchitis (Kennel Cough)article (indexed under infectious diseases in your HMDM folder)

Last edited:
G

ginnyw

It's good to remember that symptoms are not disease:) This means that the presence of symptoms can have nothing to do with contagion - and, as Jeff rightly observes, whether a subject develops symptoms depends entirely on their internal situation. No disease ever develops without a setup - without being "invited" in by the body's own situation. And when we successfully apply a remedy for symptoms, we are helping the body show the disease out the door: "Sorry, we are not the body for which you search..."

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ah, such an important point Ginny, thanks!

Optimizing your pets' bodies (their "terrain") to prevent kennel cough uses the same methods as those which prevent cancer as per this Pulitzer Prize-winning human oncologist who wrote the wonderful Cancer's Invasion Equation article in your HMDM research folder.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom