• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathy for Epidemics

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Below is a timely comment from Dr. Pitcairn.

Our epidemic webinar is on Monday 4/6/20.

THE HISTORY OF HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT OF EPIDEMICS
Many do not know of the recorded history of the use of homeopathy in epidemics and it is relevant to look at this considering the situation we are in.
Homeopathy started about 200 years ago, from the time of the discoveries of Dr. Hahnemann. One of the very early demonstrations of the effectiveness of the method was his recommendation for treating an epidemic of cholera with the remedy Camphora. This was a very scary disease in which people would develop symptoms and be dead in a matter of hours. Hahnemann found that the remedy that fit, Camphora, was effective in stopping the progression of the disease if taken at the first signs of it appearing and it was dramatically effective.
As you can imagine this stimulated interest in homeopathy and the successful treatment of epidemics was a major factor in the spread of the method around the world.
Homeopathy first was introduced in the US in 1825 by Dr. Hans Burch Gram who had been born in Boston but trained in homeopathy in Copenhagen. He began with the treatment of fellow medical doctors, who when being brought back to health, began the study of it themselves. And so it grew.
By the 1880s there were over 20 homeopathic medical colleges in the US and every state had a homeopathic medical society. Throughout this time a continued stimulus to developing interest in homeopathy was its success in epidemics. There is much history of this, recorded medical and hospital records, but I will give a short example.

YELLOW FEVER
One of the most feared diseases of the time was Yellow Fever. It was not known that it was spread by mosquitoes and it would often start in New Orleans and spread upward bringing great fear into communities. Just like today, people became afraid of each other. Thinking it was spread by coming into contact with each other (as opposed to mosquitoes) people were confined to towns. They set up “shotgun quarantines” which were men with shotguns standing around the edge of town and threatening to shoot anyone that tried to come in.
Fear was so great that it is reported in the 1879 meeting of the American Institute of Homeopathy that even some parents abandoned their children and fled, the children found dead in their beds, unattended.
Why such fear? The death rate was so high. For example, in the 1853 Yellow Fever epidemic at Mississippi State Hospital in Natchez the conventional allopathic medical treatment resulted in 55% of the patients dying.
In contrast to this, in the same epidemic, two homeopathic doctors treated 555 cases and had only 33 deaths, a mortality rate of 6%.
Big difference, right? The rest of the record of other towns affected in this epidemic has a death rate of 18% to 72% with conventional treatment. The overall mortality rate with homeopathic treatment in all these towns was always so much lower.
In New Orleans, homeopathic physicians treated 1,945 cases with a loss of 110 — a mortality rate of 5.6%
In the rest of the South, homeopaths treated 1,969 cases with a loss of 151 patients — mortality of 7.7%.
Can you see why we bring attention to the homeopathic method?

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
I have heard that the genus epidemicus for COVID19 is now nux vomica. (Dr. Richard Pitcairn)

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
Many people are feeling an increased sense of unease, anxiety, and fright due to Covid-19. Is there a remedy that can be safely used more or less universally in these circumstances? Also, I use Zylkene for my dogs when they are feeling upset. The casein is a peptide molecule that promotes relaxation via neurotransmitters. It seems that it would be ideal for people but I can't find a human equivalent. Thoughts?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Maura-

Yes, lots of us feel stress and anxiety from living with COVID-19.

There are currently 8-10 specific remedies for symptoms associated with COVID positivity.

Coincidentally, tomorrow is a webinar about finding useful remedies for epidemics and pandemics.

This method called genus epidemicus uses the symptoms of several patients all together as if they were occurring in one person or pet.

Some useful remedies for this pandemic can be found in the COVID-19 thread:

The remedies include 2 of the 4 Awe-some As (Aconite and *Arsenicum) along with *Bry, Gels, Eup-perf, Sulphur, Lyco, Phos, Camphora, etc.

Sorry, I don't know of a human Zylkene version.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh, and yes Nux has been proposed by Dr, Pitcairn as a genus epidemicus remedy.

It definitely could be useful depending on symptoms.

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you, Dr. Jeff. I am looking forward to this evening's webinar. My question was not about symptoms associated with COVID positivity but specifically, a remedy to promote or enhance a sense of ease and relaxation in those becoming increasingly alarmed about the current situation. I am thinking of my 91-year-old mother who resides alone. I have emailed Vetoquinol to ask if they have considered producing a human version.

ivegrgas

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello,

I have read the articles about Genus Epidemicus several times and now reflecting on yesterday's presentation by Dr. Todd Cooney; I have a couple of questions that I hope can get answered in this forum.

A recommended remedy that is based on Genus Epidemicus analysis is effective if taken at the first offset of the symptoms. This remedy may also be taken as a preventative.
It is recommended that preventative remedy be taken if a person knows that he or she will be exposed to the virus.

Question - given that COVID-19 is easily transmitted, should a preventative dose be taken before going into a public space such as a grocery store?

The Genus Epidemicus analysis needs to be based on the symptoms presented in a group of patients in a geography-specific area.

Question - I understand that Dr. Pitcarin is currently in India, is the analysis that he conducted based on symptoms exhibited in that specific area? Or globally?

Thanks,
Ive

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Ive. Homeoprophylaxis is perfect to use at this time.

Theoretically, the remedy "fills" the susceptibility to the virus as well as helps restore balance, so can both used both to treat and prevent COVID symptoms.

Amy keeps a cup of Bryonia 30c next to the bed and succusses it 10x and takes a sip the night before going to see her mom.

Nux may be one of the suitable remedies to use, but Bry seems to correspond better.

Perhaps read more of what Dr. Samet said today in the COVID thread:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom