• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathic Treatment of Stomatitis in a Dog

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Dr. Sara shared this awesome case that we'll also discuss during the next EH! I added a few words of definition:

Dr. Jeff
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Patch was a 7 year old Aussie who presented for gingivitis and glossitis (tongue inflammation often with swelling and redness).

The problems started a month after Lyme vaccination, so an immune reaction is highly likely. She otherwise was apparently healthy.

Patch’s signs included ptyalism (hyper-salivation), gingivitis, swollen lips, and large ulcers on the tongue. She would pick up and drop food. The owners had been told that all the teeth needed to be extracted, which is why they came to my practice.

I gave two doses of a homeopathic nosode based on specific symptoms and theircontext. One dose was given in the hospital, and one 12 hours later at home.

I sent the clients home with a 1:10 dilution of Calendula mother tincture in water, with instructions to gently squirt this along the gums twice a day.

Within a few days, Patch was able to eat soft food, though the mouth looked much the same.

Constitutional treatment with Calcarea carbonica Q1 was started. Within a few more days, the ptyalism was decreased, and the tissues appeared to be less red.

At the mouth recheck, the tissues were pale red, and the tongue ulcers were granulating in.

The Calendula rinse was discontinued, and the Calc-c remedy dosing was decreased.

Two months later, the tongue ulcer were resolved, and the tissues were a normal colour.

Calc-c was discontinued.

The owner was counseled to avoid further vaccination. Patch did well under holistic care to the age of 15.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One of the hallmarks of a cured case is that the homeopathic medicine (or any other intervention) can be discontinued but the symptoms don't return and BEAM and quality of life are excellent.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom