• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Helping a Cat with Possible IBD/lymphoma to Eat

JaneS

All-Access Member
Registered
I am so concerned about getting a treatment for my cat and finding out does she have IBD all lymphoma? Paperwork was sent to Dr. Herman but I haven’t heard from her. I told my vet I didn’t want to give the cat the antibiotic because I don’t think she has cystitis. She eats so little every day it gets so hard to find something that she’ll even look at. Her baby food is what she eats the most if but today she didn’t finish that unfortunately it had her Serrania in it too.
my vet didn’t want me to continue using the assissi loop until we have a definitive diagnosis. So I have stopped that for now. She appears to be drinking and using her box. But she looks so thin. I feel like she’s starving to death. She looks interested and then when the dishes in front of her she just walks away. Her pancreas checked out OK so I know she doesn’t have pancreatitis. I read on this site that someone gave their cat chicken liver and chicken hearts who had poor appetite. Do you think I should try this with her? Are organ foods OK for her to eat now? I really want to start some treatment to help her I feel like we’re caught in this time warp of just sitting still with nothing to help her move forward. I really want to start some treatment to help her I feel like we’re caught in this time warp of just sitting still with nothing to help her move forward. Dr. Feynman was going to talk to the founder of VDI labs to check the efficacy of their testing.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about your worry Jane, and I hope we can help.:) I'm sure that @dr_ judy herman will be getting back to you soon.

Yes, absolutely try chicken liver and especially heart. The more heart she eats, the better. Awe-some nutrients and potential energy in there. Any kind of heart.

Bravo has a very tasty (for dogs and cats) freeze-dried turkey heart, but you should be able to find other kinds from a local farm that sells in the pet store.

Have you tried scrambled eggs with parmesan cheese, rotisserie chicken, or little bits of whatever you're eating. When my own kitty stopped eating for a week and was seeming to waste away, it was eating at the table with us that finally got him back on the chow train.

Also try different temperatures, flavor profiles (like sweet, salty, spicy), different consistencies like watery, chunky, tiny piece, etc. I bet that @Dr. Jean has some other great suggestions.

Also, try getting her purring, happy and pet/brush her before feeding to stimulate her appetite.

The more purring and playing the better for her stimulating her appetite.

The reply from VDI about their IBD/lymphoma panel is in another thread where we discussed this testing.

It would be great if you could share some pics of your kitty, and maybe even a video of what happens when you try to get her to eat.

I'll see if I can reach Dr. Judy now.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
BTW-I just heard from Dr. Judy and she mentioned that they are just waiting for your records and can then set up time in the next few weeks to try and homeopathically help.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom