• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Green Hope Farm Flower Essences

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I have Green Hope Farm Essences as you recommended them. On their site, they said they last only one year. I contacted them directly, and was told that when they’re made into sprays, they only last one week and need to be refrigerated.

In the homeopathy course held last year, you said they don't ever expire.

Please advice. Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Great question, Christine.

On the site of Green Hope Essences is their article about how to care for their essences.

When I emailed them, they said that the essences may last for many years, but to be on the safe side they say for a year.

Homeopathic dry pellets do last for centuries. The high alcohol preparations may last for decades.
Dilutions of homeopathic medicines do not last for more than a few months, so I would agree that many flower essences, depending on how they are prepared, could become less effective after several years.

I have essences from most of the companies that are still effective (if the dropper did not dry out) 30 years later.

While homeopathic medicines are used in small amounts, flower essences are used in larger doses and we try to "surround" the pet or person with multiple doses, orally, topically and in the environment.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Christina Thank you for the EH! today. It was very informative! Dr. Jean mentioned that it is best not to exceed 7 essences in a combination to prevent confusion ... I wanted to bring to your attention that many of the combinations available on the market are made of so many essences in one combo.

For example, Green Hope Farm's suggestion for dogs with CHF:
Breathe, Flow Free and Senior Citizen used in combination (https://ghf-upload-images.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/pdf/file/2/common_concerns_for_animals.pdf)

Here are the essences in Breathe: Abutilon, Blackberry, Borage, Cosmos, Eyebright, French Marigold, Goldenrod, Graniana Rose, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Jewelweed, Lemon, Lungwort, Nasturtium, Plume Poppy, Screw Pine, Sea Campion, Sea Purslane, Small Woodland Orchid, Snapdragon, Swamp Candles, White Nicotiana;

in Flow Free: Anthurium, Avocado, Bells Of Ireland, Bladder Campion, Bladderwort, Bottlebrush, Broccoli, Calliandra, Christmas Bush, Dandelion, The Eight Garden, Monkey Tail, Queen Anne's Lace, Sago Palm, Shrimp Plant, Sunlight Datura, White Calliandra, Vetch, The Venus Garden; and

in Sr. Citizen: Allamanda, Angelica, Bignonia, Blackberry, Boneset, Borage, Bottle Gentian, Capeweed, Coltsfoot, Comfrey, Coralita, Daffodil, Dandelion, Eyebright, The Fairy Rose, Goldenrod, Honeybees in the White Hawthorn, Lilac, Mallow, Maple, Medlar, Mustard, Osteospermum, Peach, Pearly Everlasting, Rhubarb, Shrimp Plant, Snapdragon, Wild Aster, Zinnia

.... :redface: :redface: :redface:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Yes, Christine, Dr. Jean did say that while she began with 5 to 7 (as she is recommending anyone do at the beginning), that people, like Molly of Green Hope Essences, and many other, including Dr. Jean herself) learn more from the essences themselves and find that they can combine the right frequencies of many more than 7 to be even more effective.

I have used many of the combinations from Green Hope and others with great success.

In summary,
1. Beginners - 5-7 or fewer
2. Very experienced, intuitive, professionals - sky is the limit.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Here's my collection of flower essences for Koby...now I need to try and see which ones work for him!

I+jfaTp6T5WCOpgnTJ2qrQ.jpg

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Christina Rescue Remedy doesn't seem to work very well to calm Koby down for vet visits. If I need to give more often, how often would you suggest and how much time prior to the vet visits? I've tried "Anxiety" and "Outburst" by Green Hope Farm and they don't seem to work as well. I don't know if it has to do with his "Wood/Fire" personality (in TCVM)? Is there any flower essences by Bach Flowers you recommend for calming? Thank you.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Before trying new essences, I would be sure you gave enough of the ones you tried. Before a car ride I would start dosing several hours ahead of time, giving some orally every 30 minutes, putting some undiluted on your hands and rubbing on the coat, especially hairless areas like belly or inside ear flaps.

I think next step would be to do a consult with Sharon Callahan of Anaflora.com as she can fine tune her essences because she will "talk" with Koby to see what is needed.
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom