• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Feline small cell lymphoma

LaurenZ

VIP Member
Registered
Hello community, My 12+ yr old cat, Oliver, is diagnosed with small cell lymphoma and the oncology vet is recommending starting him on Leukeran (Chlorambucil) and the steroid Prednisolone. She recommends these be continued long-term. Anyone have experience with this or suggestions? I've just started working with Dr. Jeff and looking forward starting Oliver on a remedy and some nutrition suggestions. I appreciate any feedback!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Lauren, and thanks for posting here.

Small cell lymphoma is a great diagnosis for better understanding the holistic continuum that exists between food allergies, inflammation, and cancer.

On the continuum of dis-ease progression, small cell lymphoma is just a step beyond IBD (inflammatory bowel dis-ease).

Meaning that the cellular changes seen in an intestinal biopsy of IBD are very similar, and sometimes indistinguishable, from those of lymphoma.

All cancers are a progression of chronic inflammation and internal imbalance.

That being said, now is is a perfect time to accumulate information from various sources in order to do your HMDM (Holistic Medical Decision Making) Step 2.

HMDM Step 2 is research which starts with Oliver's awe-some symptoms, and includes all of your holistic and conventional options.

It is fantastic that you now have both holistic/homeopathic as well as conventional options!

However, before you decide what to do, it's important to go back to HMDM Step 1 which is to decide on a goal based on how much healing is possible by Oliver's body.

In my experience, as well as that of many other vet homeopaths and holistic vets, that is total resolution of the problem.

This is well-documented in hundreds of years of cases.

Unfortunately, many of which don't lend themselves to the Evidence Based Medicine gold standard of retrospective and randomized controlled trials (so-called RCTs).

Here's one example from Dr. Todd's case studies of a cure of cancer by re-balancing the body using homeopathy:

Once you've done HMDM Step 1 and 2, you arrive at Step 3 which is to implement a Holistic Action!

Since Oliver is doing better since his biopsy, and you've already started homeopathy, you might want to investigate further before deciding what to do.

This would involve doing some food allergy/intolerance testing such as using Hemopet's Nutriscan:

These results will then inform your decision about which fresh foods to incorporate into Oliver's diet.

Fresh food feeding and Vitality building are where I'd advise your concentrating.

Dinah was just one example of a vomiting kitty diagnosed with IBD where fresh food feeding was all she needed:

Meowser is another example of a kitty with vomiting diagnosed with biopsy-proven lymphoma who also turned around with fresh food feeding + homeopathy.

Please keep us informed in this thread about what you decide to do, and to keep us updated with Oliver's progress.

LaurenZ

VIP Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, Thanks so much for this super helpful post! I am proceeding with your suggestions and just received my Nutriscan test in the mail and looking forward to seeing what that tells me about Ollie's food sensitivities . I'll keep you posted!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Lauren.

We'll look forward to hearing about what you learn.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom