• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog's health book?

TashaG

Community Member
Registered
If you could just recommend me one book on taking care of my puppy's health what should I get that is nice and practical? Thanks so much. (We're a little overwhelmed by all the info!)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Tasha!

Great question! Since every book and resource may be different (although I believe there is just one thing we need to be doing for our pets, of any age, species, breed or sex) it's hard to recommend just one.

There are oodles of holistic resources here in the new puppy folder and in the member site. I bet @aruna can point you to some. In addition, as an occasional breeder, @Dr. Sara may have other resources to share.

BTW-The one thing I recommend doing is focusing on increasing energy (which then let's nature heal as it is designed to do):

Dr. Sue

Certified Veterinary Food Therapist
All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
If you could just recommend me one book on taking care of my puppy's health what should I get that is nice and practical? Thanks so much. (We're a little overwhelmed by all the info!)
Hi Tasha,

If you're looking for a beginner's book, I like this short, to the point book "What Your Vet Never Told You" by Dr. Odette Sutter. If you want a more substantial explanation and guide, yet still manageable and easy to understand I have all of my clients read "Canine Nutrigenomics" by W. Jean Dodds. It's my go-to.

Congrats on your puppy!

Dr. Sue

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Dear Tasha,
I like vet Lise Hansen's book "The Complete Book of Dog and Cat Health". Dr. Hansen does a great job of addressing every aspect of care and health, and the book is highly readable.
Best regards,
Sara

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom