• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog with small liver, recent chronic spitting up

J

Jean Garner

Rascal, a sweet Jack Russell Terrier, age 10-11, adopted age 2-3. *I have attached a document of his recent symptoms and tests, because there has been a lot going on.
THE LATEST:
4/4/19: Our vet spoke to the ultrasound doctor and to an internist. Diagnosis/recs:
Microvascular dysplasia affecting liver
GI issues which seem to be improving considerably and may continue to resolve (started about 2-3 weeks ago)
B12 injections (started 4/4)
Lowfat or Liver diet recommended
Finish 2-week course of Flagy, and Baytril (finishes 4/9)
Stay on Cerenia/Prilosec for a while (?)
If the digestive issues do not stay on the mend, our vet said we may need to consider endoscopy to--biopsy, assess motility, check for H. Pylori, etc.
With all these latest findings, I am working on continuing to modify his diet to something he WILL eat that also is gentler on the liver and digestive system. Still giving probiotic and cranberry. Still giving Phosphorus a little until I can meet with Dr. Jeff for more specific homeopathic recommendations.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Rascal Test Notes 4-19.pdf
    36.4 KB · Views: 4

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Have you met with Dr. Jeff yet?
When you say you are giving Phos - what potency and how often?
Did the GI issues begin to improve after the Phos?
Dr. C

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jean-

Sorry I missed your post.

MVD (micro-valvular dysplasia) is actually one of the better diagnoses that your adorable baby can have!

Rascal's liver should be able to compensate nicely, and possibly even resolve, all of the tiny liver shunts.

As Dr. Christina asked, how are you giving Phos, and when did you start it?

How often are you dosing?

Useful supportive supplements include Vetriliquid DMG by Vetriscience, HepatoSupport from Rx Vitaminsa for Pets, and VRS Tru Hepato.

We'll talk much more about homeopathy and nutrition when I see you tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom