• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Warts and Allergies

SarahC

All-Access Member
Registered
HI there. I have posted before about my dog Dante but I also have some questions about my other dog Charlie. He is approximately 8 years old, we adopted him about 4 years ago. He weighs about 55 pounds, is a mixed breed maybe beagle and min pin and staffordshire terrier. He is neutered and is on a mostly raw diet (gets a little bit of grain free kibble that helped stools not be runny). He has had the standard course of vaccinations up until we adopted him, since then he has only had the rabies vaccine. His BEAM is generally ok, he is a very happy go lucky dog that loves to play but has an insatiable hunger. We limit his food though because he has and will gain weight, he is still probably 5lbs overweight as he has stolen our other dogs meals from time to time as well as food dropped on the floor from our kids. He has good energy levels when prompted but is very happy to lounge about the house also. One strange behavior thing he does is he has a hard time calming down when being pet, he gets very excited. He has been treated twice with antibiotics for recurrent ear infections.

The two main symptoms that are of concern are these wart growths he gets, and the ear infections/allergies that he gets. The warts have popped up on different parts of his body and one I noticed developed after a tick bite on his paw. He had some of the warts before we adopted him. They have a cauliflower sort of appearance, in the photo I attached you can see the biggest one in front of his right ear. I would say he has about 6 total on his body. The one in front of his ear becomes a problem as he will itch his ears and the wart will bleed . We have tried natural symptom relief for his ears such as mullien oil and ACV and coconut oil for the itchiness but have had to resort to antibiotics to temporarily clear the infection. He will also itch other parts of this body, such as his back, underside, scoot on his rear and chew in between his toes. He snores also. Any thoughts about diet, supplements or remedies would be helpful.

Thank you!

IMG_5630.JPG

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Sarah-

Charlie's super handsome (such soulful eyes!).

Yes, lots of thoughts about his ears, warts, runny stools, diet, etc. And they lead back to just one thing.

Do everything possible to optimize the energy his body and immune system needs to heal and re-balance.

What does he love to do more than anything in the world??

SarahC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff.

What if one of his favorite things to do is eat? I am worried about over feeding him as he is slightly overweight. Also, he interrupts when I am trying to feed Dante because he wants to eat more (even though he was just fed). Dante is refusing to eat much still and when he does eat I have to hand feed--he often is so wobbly he can't get the food in his mouth alone-- so its a long process to feed Dante. Charlie is either hovering while I try to feed or if I separate him he barks both of which Dante has a hard time with to eat.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thank you Dr. Jeff.

What if one of his favorite things to do is eat? I am worried about over feeding him as he is slightly overweight. Also, he interrupts when I am trying to feed Dante because he wants to eat more (even though he was just fed). Dante is refusing to eat much still and when he does eat I have to hand feed--he often is so wobbly he can't get the food in his mouth alone-- so its a long process to feed Dante. Charlie is either hovering while I try to feed or if I separate him he barks both of which Dante has a hard time with to eat.
Perhaps try distracting him with treats in the shuffle mat or canned organic pumpkin on a lickimat while you feel Dante.

Just decrease the amount of food in his other meals so he doesn’t gain weight.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom