• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Eye Discharge

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! So my almost 2yo male GSD, Xander - ever the focus of my concerns :/ - started getting some slow green/yellow discharge from the inner canthus of his right eye yesterday. He occasionally (1x/week maybe?) has morning eye goop that is white or clear and it goes away when I wipe it. I noticed the color change this morning, but its super mild, like a little string, sometimes can't even wipe it because he closes his eyes and it isn't long enough. Of course I google and I find out the worst of the worst, so I'm curious to know your thoughts? There doesn't appear to have been trauma to the eye, it's not red or tearing otherwise, and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it, he isn't like trying to swipe at it or anything. Euphrasia 30c came to mind, so I dosed him with 2 pellets about 15 minutes ago...

Any help/suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Great thinking, Lindsey. You ruled out trauma. You noted that there was a history of AM eye goop (this is one of the early warning signs that there is an energy imbalance) and now have selected a homeopathic medicine to try.

Next step is to note how he is otherwise - any change in BEAM, any new Early Warning Signs?

Let us know how he responds to euphrasia.

You could offer Reiki or one of the other energy approaches.

Dr. Christina

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Great thinking, Lindsey. You ruled out trauma. You noted that there was a history of AM eye goop (this is one of the early warning signs that there is an energy imbalance) and now have selected a homeopathic medicine to try.

Next step is to note how he is otherwise - any change in BEAM, any new Early Warning Signs?

Let us know how he responds to euphrasia.

You could offer Reiki or one of the other energy approaches.

Dr. Christina
Hi Christina, thank you for your response! His BEAM is fine otherwise - eating and behaving as normal. I got up this morning and while his eye did have some goop, it didn't appear to have any color to it. I did dose him again just now to help with the remainder.

I'm not sure if its important to note, I have just finished a round of UNDA homeopathics for biotherapeutic drainage - since he has chronic yeasty ears and a little bit on his feet - we have been trying to work them out without the use of prescriptions, since they seem to have made matters worse. Is it possible this is a detox effect to the UNDAs?

Lyndsey

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lyndsey-

Yes, it is a possible detox reaction.

Just about any dischrge, itch/skin eruption, etc. can be a sign of his body dynamically shifting with a resultant symptom.

Following Xander's BEAM will help you lead him in the direction of healing.beam no bar.png

What concerns you most about him?

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Lyndsey-

Yes, it is a possible detox reaction.

Just about any dischrge, itch/skin eruption, etc. can be a sign of his body dynamically shifting with a resultant symptom.

Following Xander's BEAM will help you lead him in the direction of healing.beam no bar.png

What concerns you most about him?
Thanks, Dr Jeff! To be honest everything about him worries me, like every little thing I fawn over about him - something I don't do with my female who seems to just be resilient to literally everything, I don't even really do this with my 15 week old puppy!

So I do worry that it's me and my energy that amplifies matters, despite the strides he has made in the last couple of months. His coat is shinier and softer than it has ever been, the hair in and on his ears has grown back - something I never thought would happen. His front paws seem to have improved while his back paws are the leftovers. The big push is the actual yeast colonization in his ears. It doesn't seem to get out of control - no head shaking, no rubbing, etc - just dried yeast that I don't want to touch too much because it seems when I do, it actually makes it worse - he starts to head shake and rub.

So now that this eye thing has appeared, I'm an actual wreck trying to secretly keep it together because I don't even do this with my own health. He's the most special dog, and I don't just say that because he is mine, literally everybody who meets him - whether they like dogs are not - fall in love with him and can only dream of having a dog with his demeanor.

Everything about his BEAM is normal - he hears "food" "hungry" "eat" and he his head perks up and runs to the kitchen, a door opens? He's there in 10 seconds flat to go outside. He smiles without smiling. So I know that he is fine otherwise, I just need some reassurance and guidance sometimes. So thank you @Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina for your timely responses.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Lyndsey, you and many others do panic when your loved ones are ill.

Often they come into our lives to teach us new lessons, one of which is to step back and always look at the context - how is the individual (BEAM, etc).

We talk in the HMDM process in Step 3 to "paws", take a deep breath, meditate on all the information you have collected, then to formulate your action plan. You can apply this to any symptom that appears, so over time you will panic much less.

Maybe some of our longer time members can comment on how their perspective has shifted over the years so they are able to be more relaxed when symptoms appear.

Be patient with yourself.

Dr. Christina

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina

It seems as though my female has got a touch of the same eye discharge. As with my male, they're both eating normal, acting normal, no changes in behavior nothing except for this little bit of eye discharge.

In addition to the euphrasia 30c, I have started him on some berberine internally and a raspberry/berberine/saline eyewash. He won't let me put the drops in his eyes, so I do wipe them and try to get in there as much as I can. His eyes don't appear to be getting worse and the color seems to be changing from the yellow/green to a white/clear-ish. It seems to be worse in the mornings when he gets up.

Xander is still growing into his face so it does wrinkle and sag a bit, so I've always noticed the inner canthus of his eyes as being red but always associated that with his normal anatomy as no vet has ever said anything about it and it never seemed to be an issue before. So to me it doesn't appear as either of their eyes are inflamed or are bothering either of them - no trying to itch or paw at it....

Anything else you suggest?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! H & H...

Heat and Happiness.

Warm compresses on his eyes will increase bloodflow and speed healing. Ideally do them 2-3x a day before any lubricating drops (whenever he lets you get them in).

The more time he gets outside to sniff around, connect and engage, the greater the Chi/Prana energy and faster the healing.

Connection, Happiness Engagement = Chi

During my own flare ups of blepharitis, I've found that using the ionbox a few inches from my eyes to be incredibly soothing and healing.

Because of the eye color change, you may want a vet to look at his eyes to make sure there is no corneal edema or uveitis.

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff excellent! - the both of them were essentially outside all day, despite the gray weather we're having here.

I did schedule my 15 minute July call with you for this Friday so that we can chat. I gave myself (and Xander) 10 days or any exacerbation of symptoms (whichever came first) before having him visit with a vet. I also wanted to meditate on that to see who would be appropriate in the Fairfield County area. I know you had mentioned you might be able to in-person. If so, let me know - I'm just in Easton.

Thank you, again!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Outside is perfect!

For a vet exam in Easton I'd definitely recommend my friend Dr. Dan Whalen at Easton Vet (Sport Hill Road):

Yes, I am seeing some HA! member animals here in the office (in fact Betty's new pup Louie is walking in the door now!).

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Excellent, I'm so glad to hear you recommend Dr. Dan! He is literally down the street from me.

I am very skeptical of vets because of past experiences - those who claim they're holistic and are not, or those who claim to be and are very unhelpful. Unfortunately, this includes people who are on the holictic vet directory :/

Please let me know if we can schedule an in-office appointment with you. I would be eternally grateful and it might make me less leery of vets moving forward.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's Louie (sooo cute and sweet!):

louie1.jpglouie2.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Please let me know if we can schedule an in-office appointment with you. I would be eternally grateful and it might make me less leery of vets moving forward.
Thanks for asking Lyndsey!

The procedure starts with the new client app. that can be found here:

After you submit that, you can schedule a 1-3 hour initial evaluation appointment here:

The duration depends on the purpose for your visit, the complexity of his history, and what you want to accomplish. For example, you may just want/need an extended HMDM call/visit. We can usually accomplish those in ~1hour. Individualizing to find homeopathic medicines will take longer.

Please also ask any vet that he's seen to send his records and diagnostic test results. Xander's a young guy, so there may not be much.

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks @Dr. Jeff ! We will be seeing you on August 3rd. I do have a phone call scheduled for this Friday regardless, and also have all of his vet records with me, should I upload them somewhere in advance or bring them with me August 3rd?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom