• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog ? inhaled HCL battery acid

KristineF

All-Access Member
Registered
He friends, unfortunately I think my dog has been exposed to HCL battery acid. My neighbors like to collect lots of junk and they had many batteries in the driveway they were doing something with and they were leaking everywhere I figured after a few days it would be gone but I was wrong we took a walk that way a few times this week and I've noticed my dog is really showing some irritation in his airway . I feel horrible . He's coughing some , and some snorting and breathing a little heavier then normal . Is there something I need to do to detox this? Or anything I can do to help? Please and thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Kristine. I’m sorry to hear about your pups cough.:(

Hows his BEAM?

Do you have an ionbox or other small negative ion generator? If you do, perhaps try putting it 1 foot from his nose 3 times a day to help him rebalance (detoxification is part of the rebalancing process).

KristineF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for your reply. I'm waiting for my ionbox in the mail I will use this as soon as it comes ! Can you explain what you mean by BEAM?
Also can you suggest any other way to support detox? He eats 100% clean home cooked (Dr. Karen Becker protocol) he's getting nothing processed. Is there any herbs that could help? Or other remedies maybe charcoal?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Kristine, and thank you for your great questions!

1. BEAM symptoms are Behavior, Energy, Appetite, Mood which clinically correlate with vitality/balance, quality of life and probably (based on research that needs to be done) also with cellular energy.

2. IMO the best way to support natural detox processes is by use of dietary fiber.

I use my Holistic Pet Support Fiber Detox product, along with homeopathy, to do this:

There are many herbs that support detox during healing, as well as charcoal, clay, etc.

Check out some of Dr. Sue Howell's food, detox and Standard Process supplement webinars, as well as those from Drs. Katie Kangas, Jean Dodds, Doug Knueven, etc.

Cyd

All-Access Member
Registered
Kristine, if it were my dog I would investigate using Bio Preparation, especially of there is a risk to the kidneys or as a precaution. I get mine from Pethealthandnutritioncenter.com, they have a great web-site & there is tons of info on the product. BioPrep is the animal version, BioSuperFood the human version is one of the few substances that has successfully de-toxed carbon monoxide when people experience poisoning. Also, at some point I would do research &/or contact your local municipality concerning the leaking HCL in your neighbor's driveway. I would suspect/hope that it would be considered an EPA issue that puts the people, pets, wildlife, waterways, at risk. When it rains those types of substances go into the soil, wash down streets & roads & into sewage systems. These types of cumulative incidents add up fast & impact everyone's environment, thankfully you were observant & had a suspicion about what caused your dog's health problem. I believe HCL is labelled Corrosive by the Dept. of Transportation. Depending on where you live, I know it can feel awkward bringing the situation to the attention of authorities, but that type of residential contamination could occur in a not so visible or obvious manner, the consequences are harmful & dangerous on many levels whether you can see the source or not. Also, for respiratory home treatment, I like the Cordless Inhaler by Crane, which produces either warm steam or cool mist. It's like a mini nebulizer that has a soft silicone mask that is designed for humans, but worked great holding it up to my dog's nose. I got mine through BestBuy.com using a coupon, I thought it was a good investment to have on hand. Also, I would make the effort to wash your dogs paws whenever you are in the vicinity of that driveway, keeping in mind that other cars easily transfer the HCL on the pavement where it becomes invisible. I hope that your dog feels better soon.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom