• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Diet for Lipomas

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@GinnyW I was wondering what you thought of this diet for a dog with lipomas. Gabby is 14 and has Protien L osing E (intestinal) and I have been feeding her gently cooked bison and turkey (open Farm). She has done very well bringing up her total protein and albumin and her BEAM is good. She now has a big lipoma (her other ones are not so big) but she seems to be prone to them I guess. What do you think of this diet that helps with Lipoma. It is AAFCO balanced but not sure if this would be right for her PLEnteropathy because although it has eggs, the "tofu" is what I am not sure about. Gabby already gets 2 eggs a day. She is supposed to be on a low fat diet and what I have fed her for almost a year has worked to bring up her numbers.
Here is the diet, it is gently cooked and delivered frozen. Eggs, Tofu, Sweet Potato, Spinach, Green Peas, Mushrooms. I thought I read that dogs need MEAT.... I feel funny feeding Tofu but want her lipoma, the big one, to shrink. I am sure you know something about this!! :)

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
There is no straight line between diet and lipomas - unless the diet is so awful as to contribute to real systemic distress. Lipomas are a cleansing mechanism, but a roundabout one that tells us simply that there are toxins or forces that the body is dealing with. What "helps" with them is a diet that doesn't interfere or take extra energy away from healing - one that promotes BEAM in every way.
What do I think of that diet? Firstly, I trust nothing about AAFCO. Nothing. And I prefer foods with a long natural history of being sought out and eagerly eaten by canids. So I am not in a position to agree with most of these ingredients. This is not to say they do harm. If you prefer to pursue those "numbers", and it's working for you and her, by all means continue. I like your meat diet better:) And I would concentrate on whatever helps her PLE; the lipomas are just a signpost, not a disease about which to worry.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom