• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Diarrhea after ice cream

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
Buxton had a small amount of ice cream for the first (and last!!) time last Tuesday. That night he had to go out 3 times during the night and had diarrhea. I have been giving him boiled hamburger with either rice or oatmeal. I have also added broth to his water because he wasn't drinking much. The past 2 nights he hasn’t gotten me up during the night but his poops are still a problem. They are orange mucous, small and liquid enough that there is no form and can’t be picked up. Sometimes just a little bit of blood. He squats and some comes out and then he takes a few steps and a little more comes out and then he moves a couple more times and nothing else comes out. It will be a week tomorrow and it seems a long time to still be having a problem. His appetite is good and I am feeding 3 smaller meals a day rather than 2 meals. His energy is ok for a short time but he tires quicker than usual even though it has been cooler weather. What can I do for him?
Thank you, Debbie

novasimpson

VIP Member
Registered
Hi! Tater Tot also ate ice cream yesterday (she has had some before). Today she had loose poop with a honey coloured mucus and a few teeny drops of blood. I was going to add some dia-assist or slippery elm to her food for a day or two. I may try to put her on belly rest for a day too...depending on how long she will tolerate just broth and pumpkin;)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom