• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Credentialed versus certified acupuncturist

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Is there a difference between a credentialed and a certified acupuncturist. Also, for chiropractic manipulation, is there a certification designation for that as well versus someone who just took a course. The vet that made JJ so bad took a course in chiropractic manipulation and is "credentialed" in veterinary acupuncture. I would like to know what I was getting with her experience. I am feeling very angry that the vet we have been going to told me she was 100 percent after her covid (when she treated JJ) and now fesses up that she is foggy which is obvious by her comments, mixing dogs up, not knowing the difference between A1c and CRP testing, not answering questions distinctly other than to say "you could try that" or "I don't know". She is very apathetic and glad I am distancing myself from her. BTW, just as quickly JJ started splaying and sagging to the ground with her treatment, he did NOT sag and splay yesterday after getting treated by the new certified veterinary acupuncturist who treated him with a laser point and actually showed interest and competency. Yesterday I took the other dog Gabby in to the old vet just to discuss her medical issues and never got answers and she even charged me "extended time." Crazy... if you ask me. I asked her to check some bleeding and a lump on Gabby and she spent the whole time just writing notes, almost 300 dollars for what? Think that Gabby will also try the new vet for her front limping (made worse by the old vet's treatment on Aug 12th, just like JJ) As veterinarians yourselves, should I just say nothing or should she be able to read between the lines when we cancel future appointments. Yesterday since I only brought in one dog, she would NOT answer any questions about the other dog, JJ, that I had about his incontinence even though she knows him well. I thought that was TERRIBLE and proof she is in it for the money. 344 dollars for a no information visit with Gabby and a urinalysis for JJ..... Thanks for your take on things and explaining the terms in my first few sentences.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Lil-

I'm sorry for your continued negative feelings about the "credentialed" vet. This just means that she attended a course of some length (usually a weekend).

Yes, there is a difference.

To become certified in acupuncture, homeopathy or chiropractic a much more detailed and lengthy (sometimes years) procedure.

No, I wouldn't say anything to her. She has a lot on her plate already with her covid recovery and the overwhelm many vets have at this time. Perhaps write out your thoughts, then re-read them in a few days and if they still apply, you can send them to her.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Hey Dr. Jeff and thank you for the info. Will be talking to you later for my monthly call!!The difference in length of training DOES show with the new vet who IS certified. Don't like being misled. I think people think when they see a plaque the person is at the highest level of competence. Buyer Beware. Yes I will not say anything. I asked her to compare the June acupuncture with the Aug 12 th one that was a failure and I just got a lot of excuses or blaming JJ. But the new vet seemed to have helped him so I will be grateful for THAT and just move on without further attempts to get her to "see" anything. She won't change. But, and I will post JJ's Urine Protein Creatinine results from the sample I brought to her yesterday. Today I received the results with NO explanation or direction of what course of treatment to follow. I think an interpretation is a given with the results which I have gotten from her in the past. I think the Covid made her cognitively different, long haul syndrome but feel that she should not be hands on with dogs.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom