• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Color Therapy

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Thank you Christine, for suggesting this to members and reminding me to use it again for myself. Color therapy is certainly one of the easiest modalities to try and in general can cause no harm. Pam, the author, does mention that red can aggravate some conditions.

I like that she reminds us to allow the animals to be able to move away from their blanket, or light, etc. As in all therapies, we do need to observe our animals closely as they often make good selections for themselves, so if they do not want something you offer, think twice about it, or re-offer another day.

A great experiment would be to put out cloths of different colors and see which one each person and animal gravitates to. Or each day put a different color on the favorite sleeping spot and notice the reaction. Or offer one of the following if you feel it applies, and see if there is a change. As with every modality, each color may do the opposite with certain individuals, but here is the very brief overview Pam gives us.

• Red: promotes courage, improved appetite, strength and energy
  • Orange: projects a sense of optimism, positivity, warmth, happiness and assertiveness.
  • Yellow: creates a sense of warmth, cheerfulness; stimulates the nervous system & relieves depression
  • Green: promotes a sense of security, compassion, calmness, and being grounded
  • Sky Blue: creates a sense of calmness, tranquility, and relaxation
  • Purple: this energy is all about uplifting spirits, calming the mind and nerves, connecting to spirit
  • Pink: promote healing during illness or after surgery; helps reduce separation anxiety
(From Color Therapy for Pets | - Purrrfectly Holistic)

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom