• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Choosing Significant Symptoms to Use For Animals

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
@catdoc started a fantastic thread about her kitty with an abscess over in the medical challenge folder.

An extremely important homeopathy topic came up that I'd love to discuss here.

These are exactly the kind of questions and cases that will be discussed in the July 27-28 seminar:

“Taking the next step: Making Homeopathy Work for You and Your Pet”

The questions were regarding using subjective mind symptoms in animals (or pre-verbal children).

And the topic of objective vs. subjective symptoms and rubric translation.

Let's start discussing these important questions:

The maddening thing I find about converting symptoms to rubrics is to some extent, the interpretation is often quite subjective, based on one's own observations. I guess it will become better with experience.
That's exactly why we try not to overemphasize them in any repertorizations.

The rubric I pointed out earlier in the thread is the one I find most reliable both for these subtle behavior modalities, attention-seeking behaviors as well as for animals with separation anxiety symptoms.

Subjectivity and rubric translation are indeed sometimes problematic for animals and non-verbal kids.

This is where emphasis on the objective symptoms is so important.

Ah, but what are objective and useful symptoms for a cat bite abscess?

Location or appearance of the abscess, discharge, modalities, concomitants...?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
One important aspect of homeopathy is that after giving a medicine, the response of the animal will help you know if your choice of symptoms, interpretation of symptoms, choice of rubrics and your final medicine selected was the best. If it was not (only some symptoms better, some new ones, etc) then you can try again, using different symptoms and different rubrics.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom