• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Charlie's Throat

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff and everyone else -- I'm in the process of re-repertorizing Charlie's symptoms and not sure how to search for a few. Charlie has off and on made a hacking sound which I called a cough. He has other coughs too that come and go. I've noticed that more recently that this hacking sound occurs after he gets excited, for example when it's time to go for a walk or when greeting me. Charlie barks when he's waiting for his food. It starts when I begin to add supplements, I guess because he knows it's almost time. This morning the first four barks were each followed by a hack. This is the first time for this.

I am also wondering about his throat. Could he have a sore throat? When I first got Charlie he had an area on his throat that looked like it was shaved. Hair was growing back in. I thought maybe he had a wart or something removed when they did his neuter surgery. The rescue didn't know anything and nothing was documented. That was 11/30/2019. Over the next several months, with his scratching, his throat was a common target for him to itch. The spot would become more bare, then he'd stop itching the area for a while and his hair would start to grow back in. That area has never been covered fully with hair. In October of 2020, this area became completely bald and has remained that way since. The pictures below were taken at the end of the 2020, so a month ago. Magnesium oil made him itch that area more and ozonated olive oil didn't change anything. I haven't seen his scratching his throat as much lately.

Where do I go in the repertory for these things? Should I be thinking about them as related symptoms?

Of course he has more symptoms and I know I have to look at the entire list. I'm not sure how or where these fit in. I've also seen some nice positive changes since re-dosing him with nux v. 200c at the end of December.

Thanks!

Kristen

88BDDA92-E5FD-4E98-AC7A-3C5CD703CA86.jpeg 51173FC3-AF56-49A1-AAC8-13687E5C2F69.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kirsten-

Thanks for asking these questions and for working with Charlie homeopathically.

Yes, all of the symptoms are homeopathically related.

Regarding repertorizing any specific symptom, it's often useful to look hard at the context in which it exists. Especially BEAM and modalities.

For example, based on what you wrote, you may not even want to start hunting in the repertory for cough. This may be more of a confirmatory symptom that you can use for monitoring his improvement after a new remedy (or any other change).

Perhaps the association with excitement, barking etc. is just indicative of a low grade throat irritation as you said. Maybe a rubric like this would be useful:

THROAT - ITCHING: (56) aeth.k agar.k ail.zzz alum.bg2 am-m.k ambr.k anac.bg1 ant-t.a1 Apisb7a.de,bg2,k,ptk1 arg-met.k arge-pl.rwt5 arum-t.ptk1 bry.b7.de,bg2 cain.k calc-s.a1,k canth.bg2 cardios-h.rly4 caust.bg2,bg3,ptk1 chel.bg2 Cist.bg2,hr1,k colch.k con.bg2,k,k1b1,ptk1 cop.k dios.zzz dulc.fd4.de Glon.bg2,k helia.stj7 irid-met.srj5 kali-c.k kali-i.k lac-h.sk4 lac-loxod-a.hrn2 lachn.zzz lat-h.thj1 mang.zzz nat-ox.rly4 nicotam.rly4 nux-v.b7.de,bg2,bg3,k2,ptk1 oci-sa.sk4 petr.k2 phyt.zzz Plan.bg1,vh,vh/dg,vhx1 pycnop-sa.mrz1 rhus-t.zzz ros-d.wla1 sabad.bg2 sal-ac.bg2 samb.b7a.de,bg2,k spig.b7.de,bg2 Spong.k streptoc.zzz stront-c.bg2 succ-ac.rly4 tritic-vg.fd5.de Wye.k,mrr1 zinc-i.zzz

You may want to read the materia medica of Spongia since it is a prominent remedy in the rubric and has many cough symptoms.

Perhaps look especially for remedies with slow growing hair.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom