• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat treated with Pulsatilla 12c Itchy and Vomiting

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff!

6.12.21 - Chewey threw up again, a 2-1/4 long x 3/4 thick hair log. He threw up within 3-5 minutes of pooping in the litter box. Poop same color as it has been yellow mostly dry and crumbly some with hair inside and others not. His beam was still good, I held him in my arms for 10 minutes staring outside.

6.13.21 - Chewey had a good day, he was playful at times. He ate well too. His itching was about a 5 or 6 he kept licking and biting for 10 minute spans at a time. Come night time and between his licking and throw up I gave him his first dose of the Pulsatilla 12c with 5 wacks 10:52 pm!

As always, after Pulsatilla, he slept for hours and didn't wake me at 3 or 4 to eat. Yay!

6.14.21 - Chewey was snuggly today, playful, wanted to be held, brushed and hugged. His itch during day was a little better than day before but his R eye again he is really itching it and making it red and swollen. He did this til about 2pm. He had less nose blow outs too.

6.15.21 - I was gone from 11 until about 6. He threw up or had just finished as I was walking in door. Clear spots with little hair in them. No logs. He was itching a lot at night like,....everywhere but his chin! He didn't sleep on the bed with me all night long again.

6.16.21 - He has been itching him self a LOT all day long. His BEAM seems o.k. but he is looking a little more tired today when he is awake at times and he is itching crazy. Literally, 15 minutes of it and constant in between those big ones. 2:45 paws 5 mins., 3:00 privates 5 mins, 3:50ish leg and back a lot, 4:25 face especially R eye 5 mins, 4:30 R eye and R hind toes and foot, 4:33 R eye for a minute or 2, 4:37 R eye again few minutes, 4:40 chest few minutes, 4:48 R eye then he ate and 5:15 sides and chest at least 5 mins, Then he laid down to sleep after that and was out for a bit. Then up and licking and biting all over again. He is asleep again right now, thank heavens!

Shall I give him another dose of Pulsatilla 12c, 5 wacks or change it up?

Thank you for your thoughts!
:0)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What do you think Tammi (yes, I know...)?

How many 5 succussion doses has he received?

I generally increase by 5 succussions if there is no progress after 3 doses at the lower succussion number.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

Just 1 dose so far. You said to do the 1 and update you so I haven't done anymore just yet. Not sure how often to do them. I was doing every 3rd day with 20 wacks of the Pulsatilla 6c.

Since it's a higher dose but with less succussions do I go back to every other day or keep it at every 3rd day?

Thank you!
????

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Tammi-

You were up late!

Perhaps continue every other day until you see a clear response (good or bad).

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

UPDATE: I have continued and am not sure what direction to go in with the Pulsatilla 12c 5 wacks every other day. I think we are going downhill but I don't know if it is a detox thing or he isn't agreeing to the higher dosing. OR maybe his allergies are getting worse just like Tigger's are AGAIN this year so he is tired more and crabbier like he was last year.

1st: Chewey has been more aggressive with Tigger since July 8th, stalking up to her and then biting her neck and pulling out hair. He's done this several times now. One of them was 2 days in a row the 8th and 9th. Tigger runs from him now. He went after her tonight just now with his L eye half closed pink and swollen and he still went after her. SHE RAN.

2nd: He and I also play this little game where I start to slowly chase him and say "I'm gonna get you" and he runs and hides under bed and then he comes out looking for me and I chase him again but recently he has been hissing at me after the first chase so I immediately stop seeing he doesn't want to play.

3rd: Chewey is becoming more resistant to want to take the q-tip dosing again. He was doing pretty well for a bit there and now he jerks his head all over again often.

4th: He is wet all over his body. I'm guessing from licking himself. His whole backside from upper back to his tail and his sides of the body. I do see him licking often and more so then he was but I don't see him licking his entire back so maybe he is doing it behind the curtain in the window or something because it's constantly damp.

5th: He is still throwing up. Since beginning the Pulsatilla 12c 5 wacks 6/13 from Pulsatilla 6c 20 wacks every 3rd day, he has thrown up 5 liquid mostly clear liquid but 1 was slightly brownish like the color of his raw rabbit food from Primal Nuggets, 1 skinny hair log, 1 chalky looking like his poop is yellowish and dry crumbly. His attitude is fine after throwing up and he usually does it during morning like 800 ish or afternoon 3 or 4ish or evening 5ish. Mostly morning or afternoon.

6th: He is tired.....a lot.....and often! He has slept all day today, not sure about yesterday, 8th and 9th he slept often if not all day and he is even sleeping right through dinner until 7 or 8. He does wake wanting food but...... Tigger is doing this too so they are both following the same issues again like last year.

7th: He's not very interested in playing often and when it is, it is short lived like less than 5 minutes. He isn't running around the house at all with any kind of glee.

Appetite is good tho!

8th: He keeps rubbing at his eyes, mostly his L eye again that used to close and the vet said it was from herpes. That eye is often closing or he has itched it so much it's red, sore, scabbed above eye a little or just pink and swollen like it is now with less hair on his eyebrow from it.

And lastly, he pooped very dry crumbly poop on my office desk chair morning of the 9th. He had been meowing from like an hour or so at 7am. He ate at 3 am so I wasn't in a rush to feed him. I didn't get up to give him food. He threw up at some point that chalky dry poop look in the windowsill where he lays and pooped in the litter box and pooped on my chair. He has NEVER pooped on my chair.

He was also getting a little more used to Tigger being near him with the 6c but now he runs when she is near and will sleep on the ottoman in the living room instead of in the bedroom on the bed with us if she comes to close to him. :0( I can call him or sometimes I go and pick him up and bring him on bed and he will run right off.

Is it a dosing change do you think or time for another follow up appointment??? We had a 15 minute on June 11th.

THANK YOU!
Wishing you a blessed week ahead!

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, thanks for sharing all of those great details, Tammi!

In general, what's the best dosing strategy anytime BEAM decreases?

BTW-Yes, Chewey definitely needs a full recheck to individualize his remedies.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Wow, thanks for sharing all of those great details, Tammi!

In general, what's the best dosing strategy anytime BEAM decreases?

BTW-Yes, Chewey definitely needs a full recheck to individualize his remedies.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
When BEAM decreases . . . Well, it wouldn't make sense to go back to previous dose that was no longer working so.... decrease how often new dose is given or go back to previous dose and succuss more?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
None of the above!

No dosing is best when BEAM worsens while dosing.

Then list (in your home journal) the new 4P symptoms.

The combination of those along with the other symptoms will guide to a new remedy.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
UPDATE:
We stopped the Pulsatilla...last dose on the 10th.
Started it 6/13

Chewey was improving and we were doing well 6/27 his coat was greasy and every day his coat looks wet, I assume from him licking it since I see him licking it. He had only thrown up 3 times in that span until 7/1 all clear with just a little hair. 330am, during the day when I was out at 6pm. 7/1 he vomited 330am again a hair log 2 in by 3/4 inch along with very yellow grey poupon mustard yellowish liquid then went into litter box in the other room and pooped a few terds. I picked him up after cleaning and he was purring in my arms. Next day he was snuggly and not so playful and slept a lot during the day but I thought it was from the dose because that's normal for him. He was a little more grumpy and pulled back from Pulsatilla when I tried to administer. 7/3 he threw up again a skinny hair log 1 inchx1/2 inch think with clear liquid and some yellow evening maybe 7ish but he was happy when I came home and snuggled me like he had not thrown up.
His eye started to get swollen again from him rubbing it. R eye.

7/6 he was very hungry and ate a lot. He looked like he was going to puke up a hair ball that turned into acid reflux because he kept licking and licking about 3 minute episode. Same day he went after Tigger and did his biting thing to her.

7/7 he was licking a book before I fed him then stopped after he ate. Went after Tigger again. I was upset I had spilled something on top of all the things I had gone thru that morning so I was angry and 10 minutes later is when he bit Tigger. He didn't want dose again. Slept a lot. Usually does after a dose.

7/8 He is now licking more again. Whole body is wet again. Sneezed 2 times today. Slept in closet all day. Woke to dry poop on my office chair and throw up very dry on windowsill looked like same color as poop. Played at night swatting and grabbing stick.

7/10 was his last dose of Pulsatilla 12c 5 wacks. Had what looked like hiccups 5-10 minutes after eating just 1 nugget of food. Clear liquid a few spots. He started a little Vital Essentials this day just a little because he wanted Tigger's and it's still pure Rabbit Raw food.
This is the day I decided to stop dosing him.

Slept all day 7/11 and 7/12 and 7/13 Started hissing on the 13th playing hide and seek.

14th, 15th, he was pooping more because I started giving him the Vital Essentials more and more as the days passed and he didn't want the old food, just the new. as of 16th he only wanted new.

3 am threw up yellow liquid with tiny hairball. Great attitude tho.

7/17 chin acne appeared on Left side mouth lower lip on the outside of the lip midway back.

Can tell he was improving from not having Pulsatilla 12c 5 wacks.

No poop 19th,
20th no poop
21st poop but no hair, Tigger is on the same food and she is constipated now too.
22nd dry terds not much hair again, threw up after watching tigger throw up hair logs. Chewey threw up hair log 2 x 3/4 thick and lots of clear and yellow liquid, left eyes and ears more itchy scratches on them. and sleeping a lot again. slept all night into evening and missed dinner again.
23rd hungry a lot and meowing 3 am, 6 am and 9 am to eat. 3pm he wanted food but I didn't give it to him so he threw up clear and yellow and foam and a little hair. 5 minutes later purring.
24th Chewey cornered Tigger in bathroom, saw pieces of her hair on the floor. Growling at me petting him at night b4 bed. Hissed at me when I tried to play again.
25th vomit hair log 2 inch x 1/2 inch some liquid. He was off when I left and he ended up throwing up where he was laying when I left for hospital. He was off when I got hom too. Not engaging and didn't seem happy.

26th meowing during night again. Chased Tig under bed and she was hissing at him again. Drinking bunch of water. 1/4 cup a day. Very needy and wanted me to hold him in my arms like all day constantly and he would sleep.

27th doesn't want to be held, he's punky. He no longer wants Vital Essentials so we switched back to his Primal Rabbit Raw nuggets and he ate that right up so the Vital may have too much calcium that it is constipating him? Ugh.... Threw up 3 inch x 2 inch clear with foamy bubbles on top no hair. Seems off tonight.

Overall he is throwing up liquid more and itching his neck more that he is scratching his hair short and out again on his neck like he did in the beginning. I think this recent not feeling well may be because he is a little constipated...not sure how to combat that.

Have to look up what Dr. Sue Howell said about Standard Process Multizyme or Feline Enteric Support or Enzycore one of them that has the bromelain that will eat his hair up for him!

All ears for thoughts!

I have a 15 minute call with you on Friday and a scheduled checkup beginning of August on the 4th.

Sincerely,
Frustrated and sick of this throwing up nonsense.

@Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry to hear that you're frustrated Tammi.?

These are awe-some details for your journal!

1-2 days before your next appointment, it would be great to summarize them in a web form update so we can plan your next steps.

Has Chewey seen Dr. Trish recently?

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Should I summarize them before our Friday 15 minute or wait until the August appointment?

Chewey has not seen Dr. Trish recently. I have to dope him up on Gabapentin to see her. A dose 12 hours before and another dose 2 hours before the visit. Do you feel he needs to see her right now?

Chewey was all snuggly in bed this morning! Yay! Happy morning!!! I am sure it is because Tigger was not on the bed so he felt comfortable coming on the bed and snuggling. I wish THEY would snuggle! :0)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Summarizing and updating prior to when we speak in August is perfect!

The more happy snuggling and purring, the better!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom