• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat stopped peeing in the litter box

KathyS

All-Access Member
Registered
For some reason my cat started peeing outside of the litter box. He was having diarrhea, but when that stopped (due to stopping the dry food) he suddenly stopped using the litter box. Any ideas? His litter is clean, particularly since he is not using the litter box, but I thought I would change it from the paper pellet litter to the regular litter and see if that helps.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Put a second box in the spot he is going, even if several. Block off any room he is using, if possible.

Was it the same day you stopped the dry food? Is he ok with no dry food or still begging? Where is he now going?

Have an in-depth communication with him and really listen to the reason for this

Contact an animal intuitive. Several are members.
Dr. Christina

KathyS

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina!

It looks like when I block off the room he goes in the litter box. I feed him in this room so the dog won't eat his food and I think he starts thinking it's his room and peeing and pooping on the floor are a way to verify this. I also changed the litter in the box so that seemed to help. He has stopped biting after I stopped feeding him the dry food and his diarrehea stopped with that too. Thank you again!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom