• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat Coughing /Feline Airway Disease

C

Christie

Hello -
My 11 yo kitty is coughing for two weeks now. For a month, she had been on new litter (corn and a switchgrass box). This change from clay I think triggered her and the xrays show a little inflammation that the vet called feline airway disease or bronchitis that could lead to asthma.
I meticulously changed the litter to coconut yesterday and cleaned the house. I’m now serving her a teeny bit of wild blueberries and Esther C sprinkled in her dehydrated chicken. (this is ok??)
The Vet wants to give fluconazole administered with a mask called Aerokat.
I’d like a second opinion by a holistic vet. Might see one on Friday but she has less experience than I hoped. I am fearful to give her steroids.
I also ordered Respiratory Relief from Hawaii Pharm. She also has gingivitis and I have been dropping Dental Care drops from the same company in her food for a while now.
I feel it’s all viral these happenings.
Am I doing the right thing? Is there something else I should give her? Is it all overkill if I add steroids, vit c, respiratory relief and dental car?

Thank you so much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Adria-

The reply is in this forum thread:

C

Christie

My cat is not eating. Her beam is off, food wise. A little mopey.
I bought the Cornucopia canned food and it’s fine with my other cat but this one shuns it. I also tried his broccoli sprouts, no luck. What do I do???

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom