• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cardiologist for my cat

maries

Registered
I am in the NY/CT/NJ area. Does anyone know about cardiologists in the area?
My cat is having respiratory difficulty with fluid in the lungs and pleural effusion. My vet suggested seeing a cardiologist/getting an echo to see if there was anything we could do to help. Cardiologists are very booked - finding 2 to 3 week wait. I am calling around to find a cancellation. Does anyone have any experience with a cardiologist or animal hospital with a cardiologist? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Some names that have come up Dr Jonathan Goodwin and Dr Jean-Paul Petrie. Does anyone have experience with either of them?
Thank you for any thoughts or advice!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Both of those cardiologists are great. Unfortunately, they are the only ones that I know so you may want to get the first available appointment.

Did your kitty have the thoracentesis we discussed?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Just checking, are you also working with a homeopathic veterinarian?

And we have a whole section on heart issues at the resource library.

Dr. Christina

maries

Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina. No we did not do the thoracentesis (yet but may), and yes we are working with a homeopath.
We were lucky to find an appointment with Dr Goodwin at one of the animal hospitals he visits for today. He was very helpful and we were very happy that we went to see him.
Thank you for your input,
Marie

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom