• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Calendula Magic

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Hello, fellow Holistic Actions folks! Not sure if this topic fits this particular category, but here goes. .. . I would like to share some information for those of you who constantly battle skins issues with your furry children. Three years ago, I had a really bad case of impetigo. (naturally on my face!) with the help of the correct Homeopathic remedy, the impetigo cleared up, but what really helped was the twice-daily application of Mother Tincture of Calendula, 10 drops mixed into 50ml container of purified water. Since then, whenever my furry kids get skin owies, abscesses, hot spots etc, I apply the Calendula mixture directly to the spot in question. It does not sting, nor is there an issue if the furry kid licks the sore spot after application. The latest is my kitty Thor, who has an ulcerated sore on his left front paw. It was way too sore to apply the Calendula mixture to the wound, but Thor would allow me to submerge his paw in the mixture for about 30 seconds. Yesterday, Thor was limping very badly and his paw smelled awful. Just one soak in the Calendula mixture went a long way as today, he is no longer limping and will allow me to touch his owie. (and his paw no longer smells) I will continue his treatment for 3 more days just to be sure the abscess has cleared up. You can buy the Mother Tincture from a number of health food stores, but best google where you can find some. The Homeopathic Pharmacy here in Merida Mexico stocked this tincture and it is very inexpensive. A little 30ml vial goes a long way. Saludos, as they say here in Mexico!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Mother Tincture of Calendula, 10 drops mixed into 50ml container of purified water. Since then, whenever my furry kids get skin owies, abscesses, hot spots etc, I apply the Calendula mixture directly to the spot in question. It does not sting, nor is there an issue if the furry kid licks the sore spot after application. The latest is my kitty Thor, who has an ulcerated sore on his left front paw. It was way too sore to apply the Calendula mixture to the wound, but Thor would allow me to submerge his paw in the mixture for about 30 seconds. Yesterday, Thor was limping very badly and his paw smelled awful. Just one soak in the Calendula mixture went a long way as today, he is no longer limping and will allow me to touch his owie. (and his paw no longer smells) I will continue his treatment for 3 more days just to be sure the abscess has cleared up. You can buy the Mother Tincture from a number of health food stores, but best google where you can find some. The Homeopathic Pharmacy here in Merida Mexico stocked this tincture and it is very inexpensive. A little 30ml vial goes a long way. Saludos, as they say here in Mexico!

Perfect place for this and I hope everyone reads it. Calendula is wonderful One vet reported a dog who had all the skin scraped off one side and calendula soaks made a huge difference. When he was healed down to his hocks they figured he would keep healing and stopped the soaks. It got red so they started soaks back up until the last toe had hair on it!!

One warning is to avoid using calendula on puncture wounds as it can heal too fast and seal over the puncture. Perfect for ulcers, are raw wounds and gaping sores.

A must in the first aid kit

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom