• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Blood in urine.

BijouK

Registered
Hi, hope this is the right place to post this. I spoke with Dr. Catherine and she said to post the problem on the thread. Lots of excellent info!

Nitro my shepherd/lab mix is 7 1/2. He's been through a lot. We've evacuated after hurricane Ida and moved to two states after the storm with my other dog Nyxie.

Yesterday he started whimpering and kept peeing in the house. When I walked him he couldn't pee a few times. When I used wee-wee pads in the house i saw blood speckles.
There aren't any good emergency vets here and since we just moved he has no regular vet here either.

I gave him CBD/G and medicinal mushrooms MyCommunity Host Defense. He was better but still peeing here and there.
Then I started Amoxicillin 500mg. He was great through the night no peeing or crying. I gave him one more in the morning and had signed up here and set up an appointment last night for today.

So now I'm stopping the Amoxicillin and getting cranberry and Rescue Remedy and I need to learn the Bangston method.

He had issues when we first moved in holding it. It was after we had been on the road for almost 2 months and went back to organic homemade food which he was fine with for years before so I went back to Natures Balance veg kibble he was used to on the road and added cranberry juice and the issues cleared up immediately.

He's had 1/3 of his intestines removed due to IBD/S I adopted him from a really abusive and neglectful home. His anxiety is pretty high but some of that is the breed. They named him Nitro. It's so fitting. I have Houdini on his collar because he's as big as me on his hind legs but he can slide under the shutter doors like a mouse and slip out without me even knowing. It took a year to sort of plug up all the holes on the old property. lol

He likes to keep going. His personality is very happy and upbeat.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bijou-

I'm sorry to hear about your hurricane evacuation and for Nitro's abuse and health challenges.

It's wonderful that his BEAM (quality of life symptoms=behavior, energy, appetite, mood) are fine despite his physical symptoms. This is a really good sign!

Between the IBD and urinary symptoms he has an awful lot going on.

While you're looking for a local vet, now's a great time to start working with a remote vet homeopath such as:

You may also want to start supporting his body with some of the strategies that you and Dr. Christina spoke about. Increasing his Therapeutic Sniff Walks and using the Happiness Protocol are great to be doing along with your other vet care:

You can also start dding some chia seed (and structured) water to his food to help his body heal in the best way possible:

BijouK

Registered
Thank you so much Dr. Jeff! I was also now in my account obviously so please disregard my last email.

Nitro is doing much better today.

Dr. Segrera in Metarie IS Nitros vet! She's amazing. She's the reason my last two dogs lived so long and she has kept so many of my animals healthy. We've done many, many phone consults, however she doesn't do phone consults if she hasn't seen them in the last 6mths and it's been much longer then that. I can certainly call again and see if something has changed. I love that woman!

I'll try and go over all the info tonight.
Thanks again!!!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom