• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Are microchips safe?

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
I am sitting here pondering the safety of microchips.

I have a 2 yr old American Eskimo Dog that I am about to do some genetic testing on for potential breeding purposes. If he proves to be genetically sound breeding stock than moving forward I will need a way of permanently identifying him. He will also be DNA'd and given a DNA# for the registry. If the DNA# is not sufficient than I will likely need to microchip.

My dilemma is the possibility of a tumor at the microchip site. Do microchips alter the bodies energy  in any way? How good or bad are they? My dogs never leave my sight and do wear collars with ID so I am less worried about needing the chip to bring my dog home.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jackie-

Yes, they do indeed alter the internal energetic balance and can induce an inflammatory response and even a local cancer.

Microchips, are a foreign in the body though they are designed to minimize inflammatory reactions.

They're good for identification purposes.

The main reason for you to microchip would be if it is "required" for breeding.

Personally none of my dogs have been chipped.

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff for your reply.
I am definitely not going to do the chip. I found out it is not necessary for his initial DNA paper work. Really didn't want to microchip at all! You confirmed my worries.
He may or may not not ever be bred. He is the end of a line of American Eskimos that are known to be healthy and long lived. So I am doing his genetic testing just in case.
Jackie

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Jackie,
I am glad you do not need to microchip.

We did have a discussion on the homeopathy vet list serve about microchips and many reported no problems with the chips. A few reported migration of chips and a few saw tumors.
For anyone who lets a dog or cat outdoors in a fenced yard if you are not home, or to free range, and they are vital and balanced, there is some risk for sure.
For anyone who has a chipped pet, keep working to maintain internal balance by watching for any Early Warning Signs or problems with BEAM and do not worry about what is already done.
I never chipped my indoor/outdoor cats.

Dr. Christina

M

mhassine

Please note that dogs adopted from a shelter do usually come already microchipped, so new pet parents may not have the option to microchip the pet or not, let alone they rarely have the option to de-microchip their pet. I don't know if cats and other pets come already microchipped when adopted from shelters.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom