• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Anxiety with a Therapy

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Everyone I am hoping someone can give me a good suggestion that I have not thought of yet on how to relax my dog before giving him ozone rectal insufflation. My dog Odie has cancer and my husband and I purchased a home ozone generator. We have been giving it to him almost every day for a week now and each time we have started to insert the catheter and when we remove it he really freaks out like we are killing him. Once the ozone is injected into his rectum he is fine. It is just the sensation of the catheter that is giving him the anxiety. We do make sure the catheter is heavily lubed with Aloe Vera Gel. He is a fear aggressive dog to begin with and when we started to give it to him tonight he really freaked out and we were not able to give the ozone to him. I know stress dose not help with the cancer but I know the ozone can help him. I have tried every thing to distract him and nothing has worked. The only thing I think that might help is Bach Mimulus. which I have not tried yet. We even tried the Ozone Therapy on ourselves before giving it to him to make sure there is not burning sensation or anything that might cause him to feel uncomfortable.

Thanks for any help
Jamie Keever

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jamie-

You can desensitize him to the insertion of the rectal catheter in the same way as getting him used to temperature-taking.

It will take both you and your husband (at first), where one of you is holding and feeding special treats (use the ones he loves the most and don't give them to him at any other time) while the other person inserts the catheter.

Other calming aids would be using the awe-some EA transdermal CBDs 30 minutes before the therapy, and Reiki, calming essential oils (like lavender or the Peace and Calming Young Living oil), Flower Essences like the Mimulus, Rescue Remedy, etc.

You might also want to consider having a gifted animal communicator like July Berrin have a little "chat" with him.

Hahnemannian homeopathy to help his anxieties and reactivity will both help with your inserting the catheter as well as help slow/reverse the tumor growth.

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Jamie-

You can desensitize him to the insertion of the rectal catheter in the same way as getting him used to temperature-taking.

It will take both you and your husband (at first), where one of you is holding and feeding special treats (use the ones he loves the most and don't give them to him at any other time) while the other person inserts the catheter.

Other calming aids would be using the awe-some EA transdermal CBDs 30 minutes before the therapy, and Reiki, calming essential oils (like lavender or the Peace and Calming Young Living oil), Flower Essences like the Mimulus, Rescue Remedy, etc.

You might also want to consider having a gifted animal communicator like July Berrin have a little "chat" with him.

Hahnemannian homeopathy to help his anxieties and reactivity will both help with your inserting the catheter as well as help slow/reverse the tumor growth.

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for the great suggestions I will try all these and talking with July sounds like a good idea. Will let you know how it goes and what I did.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Jamie. ?

July's wonderful!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom