• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Animal Guardian and Anxiety

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! I have always been a "worrier" and since having animals live with me a lot of my anxiety and worry has revolved around them and their safety and health.

With some doggie health issue recently, my anxiety has been a little out of control. I have dealt with this before except typically it was more of an acute issue...this one has lasted longer then I can "hold my breath for". I feel like I typically put my life on hold and just get through each day until the issue is resolved and I can go back to being me.

I realized when dealing with something that is lasting longer, I have to live my life at the same time and even try to find joy.

I am sorry if this is TMI :) on one of the recent Empower Hours, I heard other guardians talking about prioritizing their animal over their own sleep and health and I realized I am not the only one. And learning that our animals are helping us learn and change... I feel like for my pet, I must better myself and my life!

Dr Jeff suggested a necklace he had heard about and even gave me a discount code. It is to help train people to have an extended out breath that is suppose to help decrease anxiety.

And 20% off discount code: DRJEFF20

I really like the necklace. I like the weight of it and I like the style. It reminds me to breathe...especially when I am at work. I think that one could do the same exercise with a straw or even mouth once the breath is learned. However I am very happy with my purchase bc it is a constant reminder to have conscious breaths throughout the day!

In addition, after the Eden Energy EH. I joined the Eden Radiant Circuit (Joy) challenge and the daily energy routine challenge on YouTube:

Along with listening to Abraham Hicks, Eckhardt Tolle and Tony Robbins. Oh and Tapping.

So that is how I am trying to grow and learn and enjoy the journey.

Does anyone have anything they do or listen to? I would love to hear! I know this is pretty personal topic so thanks ahead of time :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for sharing Nova. ?

Fantastic that the Shift has been helpful!

It is super important to care for the caregiver. Your balance is definitely felt by the pups.

Breathing, walks in the woods or on the beach, eating fresh food, drinking pure water, meditating, yoga or other physical activity, etc. are important.

Getting 7-8 hours of sleep, and/or napping, is also critical and often overlooked as a method of self care (notice that it's #1 on the Psychology Today list below).

Here's a good article about self-care:

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
I bought two! Buy one get one half off. I'll let you know if it helps.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic Liz! Did you also get to use the 20% off discount coupon?

Please let us know how The Shift works for you.

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
No I didn't. Because I got a discount buying 2 I couldn't use the 20 percent off coupon. I can't wait to try it out.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom