• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

5 symptoms within 2 days of laser acupuncture

LilF

Community Member
Registered
We started going to a new certified acupuncturist. JJ did really well about 3 weeks ago. He had reduced his panting and his sagging and splaying was fixed...We went again 2 days ago. The day after he got his laser acupuncture I noticed 5 new symptoms, he had pooped in the house, kind of loose--- I was gone less than one hour and he had gone before I left and it was normal. He has not eaten much since then either. Tonight about 11PM he vomited and has been limping in the front more than before.He did not want to take his thyroid pill tonight with his favorite turkey. He is drinking water but he does seem depressed. I guess I will call the vet tomorrow but I am confused as to why he is having symptoms now. I am concerned. JJ has not had diarrhea or vomiting in a very very long time, over a year or two. So this was sudden. I document everything he eats and his symptoms daily. This is dramatic and hope the vet has an explanation or course of action. They are open till 1 so hopefully I will get some answers but I think she might be out of town and hope he does not get worse. JJ is 14 Shar Pei Mix, neutered with protein loss in kidneys, spondylosis. The vet said that she thought his back was getting better after the first treatment.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
This morning JJ drank water but did not want his thyroid pill put in a piece of turkey so I had to put it inside his mouth He licked the turkey with the pill and turned away. He still seems depressed. I called the vet we saw but she was not there on saturday. The receptionist talked to another doctor on call and said I could pick up some Entice and Rebound. Is this a good idea? I also have some Nux Vomica I wanted to give him.The label says 5 pellets 3 times a day under the tongue. I want to dissolve and make a mixture to put into his mouth. Should I dissolve 5 tabs in a 2 oz bottle and give him a dropperful three times a day? Is this a correct dosage to try or anything else?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I think, Lil, that I would not give the Nux. This is an unknown strength, in a dose that might be overkill, and not homeopathic in its effect. That's just me, but best, perhaps, to not muddy the waters at this time. Wait for your homeopath to prescribe properly, which this is not. I would continue to get his thyroid meds down him regularly, however - and water. And I would not go with the Rebound or Entice just yet, but wait and see if he develops an appetite for his regular diet. Just my feelings, and I could be off base here, and will gladly defer to the experts here. Keep us posted.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Thank you Ginny!f I did pick up Cerenia and the two I mentioned but just to have on hand for the weekend. I did wait to give him anything and won't right now. He is drinking and he did eat a few bites of food and his cookie. He is outside now and liked his car ride for about an hour picking up the meds. He is now going to go with me to the store, another 3 hrs in the car which he will love. I am keeping my fingers crossed he will feel better. I did not give him the nux vomica either but I WAS going to . I will hold off right now. Maybe there is something other than the drugs to help his appetite. I will go to the store and find something to cook up fresh and see if he will eat it later. He has a vet appointment with the conventional vet who was nice to fit us in late monday. I did give him some Vital Protein powder Thursday and I was not thinking and gave him a double dose---BUT, I realized this before I fed it and removed half the food. I was pretty sure he did not ingest the double dose. I don't know if that played into it. Just werid, he never has GI upset. I was supposed to go out of town for a day but now I think I may not be able to.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Update on JJ... Sunday he had diarrhea shoot out like a faucet even though he had started eating . When he started eating I put sweet potato in his meal with turkey. I later thought maybe it caused the diarrhea episode. I switched out the potato for pumpkin and I administered Slippery Elm after his meal in a syringe each time he ate. His poop became normal Monday. But THEN, my other dog Gabby threw up at 1AM sunday and HER appetite waned for a few days also and would not eat.. The new acupuncture vet called monday and suggested maybe JJ picked up a virus at the clinic while there. (I appreciated her honesty!) and that Gabby also caught it. It made sense to me. Both seem fine now but I let their appetites return naturally, fed minimal ingredients (ground turkey, pumpkin) Will resume his raw food today topped with the turkey. I was glad I did NOT use the appetite enhancer or the electrolyte product. I did monitor their BEAM and WOULD have used them but thought it prudent to give their body more time. And when Gabby got it , was less worrisome because I knew she would get over it

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom