• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Suki's skin scratching, Cytopoint, and what to do?

FatimahM

Registered
Hi DrJeff,
Suki has been shivering continuously and has not even gotten out of bed to go potty. Every time I picked her up, she would scream as if in pain. We have examined all her limbs and she seems to be ok there, but something is paining her. She did walk when I put her down but very gingerly just to go potty. She did eat some food but acts like she is not feeling well at all.
I am wondering — could she be proving the remedy? Should we take her to a local vet? Please advise. Thank you!
Fatimah

FatimahM

Registered
My husband took Suki to the hospital. She broke into hives while at the doctors. She had a fever. file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/95/05/EB13E80E-07F2-4C25-BB6E-6E4C4BDEC457/IMG_0550.heic

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry to hear about Suki Fatimah. It could be very useful to see the vet's notes, and unfortunately the link you shared above returns this result:

Your file couldn’t be accessed
It may have been moved, edited, or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
In general, fever is a sign of inflammation and that her body is doing it's job. I suspect that what her body has told us since the Thuja doses may lead to another homeopathic remedy.

FatimahM

Registered
They have taken a more extensive blood test. Will send you the results when I get it, So far I am told everything seems fine except her sodium level is very low. They are suspecting Adison’s disease but further test will reveal what is going on with her. Will keep you posted.
Fatimah

FatimahM

Registered
I noticed red specks appearing on her belly side when he started using this and it got very bad recently, especially a few days ago after going for a swim last Fri around the time she started to get sick. The picture that you could not open was a picture of hives she got at the vet,

FatimahM

Registered
Hi Dr.Jeff.
The local vet gave her benedryl for the rash and a shot of antibiotics (I don’t know why-unfortunately I am at a retreat so I could not be there) and some fluids. This morning she was crying again when picked up and then after peeing, she could not pick herself up and was dragging her hind leg. So she is back at the vet again today. They will take X-rays and the blood test results should be back sometime today. I will let you know.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I hope that you're enjoying your retreat and am sorry that Suki's body is still manifesting distressing symptoms.

About when was her last dose of Thuja?
They are suspecting Adison’s disease
Yes, that would physiologically explain her low energy (especially if her blood test result for potassium was elevated). She'll need an ACTH stimulation to diagnose Addison's.
s any of the ingredients toxic to dogs?
Nope, but it may have triggered the hives.

FatimahM

Registered
I got a message from the vet today. She does not have Addison’s disease. She took X-rays and she had some skeletal issues. This is her message: I did do some x-rays & she's got an issue with her lower back on the very last vertebrae near her pelvis there's a little bit of arthritis there so there may have been a disc that was a problem for her but that's not where I'm getting the pain from her today. I am definitely getting some pain in her neck again and then also her right knee. She does have a kneecap that does move in and out of the joint on that right knee that's a very common small dog problem him so I think that's bothering her and then I think the neck pain is really why she's crying out so I gave her an anti-inflammatory injection. I did not do that yesterday because she had the aspirin you gave her and then everything with the hives so I was nervous to give her too much medication but I did start her on that and I'm gonna send home some pain medication.
Dr. Jeff, is there anything we should do at this point? I have an appointment with you next Wed. The last dose of thuja was last Fri and one before that was the day before that on Thursday. Please advise. Thank you!

FatimahM

Registered
Just wanted to report that Suki seems to be back to normal. The skin itching is so much better since the antibiotic shot according to my husband.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great that she is better Fatimah!

Did Suki also get a Cytopoint shot?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I read her x-rays, but have not seen the blood test results yet. I'd appreciate if you resend the blood results.

Is she still doing well (hopefully just better and better)?

FatimahM

Registered
I read her x-rays, but have not seen the blood test results yet. I'd appreciate if you resend the blood results.

Is she still doing well (hopefully just better and better)?
Hi Dr Jeff.
I have given Suki 3 doses of the Nux Vomica 6C every 3 days because I was not sure if I was seeing any changes, but I did not want to have an intense reaction so I am being very cautious. At this point, she seems to be doing OK with her BEAM (4 - 5), but her itching has gotten worse (8-9) where she is starting to break her skin. It has been 7 1/2 weeks since her last shot. I made an appointment for another Cytopoint injection on Monday as she is constantly itching throughout the day and up several times a night with itching. Please advise. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
H Fatimah-

Did the Nux (when were the doses) affect her BEAM or itch at all (at the time that you gave the doses)?

Did you succuss prior to each dose?

Perhaps submit a web form update so you can share the complete context to help decide if anything is indicated prior to Mon..

FatimahM

Registered
H Fatimah-

Did the Nux (when were the doses) affect her BEAM or itch at all (at the time that you gave the doses)?

Did you succuss prior to each dose?

Perhaps submit a web form update so you can share the complete context to help decide if anything is indicated prior to Mon..
I just saw this.... I did not notice much change with the NUX. I did succus each time. She has not been eating much of her food for the past 2,3 days. Other than that, she is kind of the same (on the better side of her regular state) - her beam being 4-5 and itching is worse, around 8 - 9 which is on target with her cytopoint shot schedule. I am getting ready to take her for the shot. Will make our monthly 15 min. session soon. Thank you!

FatimahM

Registered
I was notified that the Heargard no longer makes the regular one with just the ivervectin, but only have the Heartgard plus which has 68mcg of ivermectin and 57mb of pyrantel. Is this OK to give Suki?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes!

FatimahM

Registered
I gave her Nux 30c on Thurs. 6/15. I have not noticed much change, except she had some loose stool last night and diarrhea this morning. There was no change in her diet to cause this. She is itching a lot as usual and has a lot of bumps and scabs on her back and red spots on her underside and around the mouth, especially lower part of her mouth. Her eyes are inflamed and she rubs it a lot (especially the left eye) and has a hard time opening it after sleeping which is pretty much all the time. The glands are very big and protruding on the side of her neck. She is eating OK though, which is a great relief. However, I feel she has gotten progressively worse over the past year. Her energy seems worse in that she spends all of her time sleeping, except to eat, go to the bathroom and when I make her go downstairs or a little mini walk to the dock. She does not play at all with the other dogs. My husband is quite worried and he thinks she might have early stages of leukemia?? (doing research on her blood tests). Mercurius 6c I ordered is running late, so it might be another couple of days before I get it. In the meantime, I think we have to get her another shot of Cytopoint which did not work too well last time, but it did give a little relief from the excessive licking of her paws (a bit better now) and incessant scratching. If you have any other advise, please let me know. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Fatimah! I'm so sorry to hear about poor Suki. :confused:

When did the glands on the side of her neck get big?

How long before your vet can see her for the Cytopoint (the Merc may arrive around then)?

Perhaps make an appointment in case the Merc had not arrived.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom