• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

URGENT ADVANCED PANCREATITIS CAT

MichelleP

Registered
Dear All/Dr Jeff,

My cat's name is Zachariah (Zac) and I recently rescued him in a terrible condition where he was almost starved to death under a car. He is estimated to be 12-14 years old but has FIV so maybe looks older. He is a ginger short-haired domestic weighing 5kg. He isn't neutered and is male.

Not long after I rescued Zac last August he stopped eating by himself and the vet put it down to having no teeth and extensive gingivitis. Intermittently he was vomiting a yellow/green bile. He also was increasingly making loud heaving and hacking noises from his mouth. At Christmas his stomach swelled up and the vet said he was fat. His BEAM IS VERY POOR. lifeless lying on his bed. Urinating huge amounts of white urine and constantly twitching his head and body involuntarily.

Last week he vomited a huge amount of blood and kept hacking so I rushed him to hospital where he was diagnosed with pancreatitis and a lot of imflammation. His protein in the urine is slightly raised as are his neutrophils. His FPLI is 19.5. Other than anti sickness, metronidazole, cynalox and gabapebtin no other MEDS have been given to him nor any investigations done on underlying causes. He is due for a GI scan next Tuesday but they've seen some folds of the gut attached to the pancreas (I think vet used word like cogragation or fold like a metal tin roof).

Now he is taking a little food by syringe but has stopped drinking water. Stomach is swollen. Last week they didn't see fluid in the abdomen but that could have changed. Dr Jeff I've booked an appointment for Mondah 3rd but please can we speak over the weekend if possible on zoom. I don't have Skype. Zac is seriously ill and I am devastated. I'm in London and no one seems to want to try to help him citing he is old, has FIV, a rescue and now too far gone. Please can anyone help?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Michelle-

Welcome to HA! 👏and I am super sorry to hear about Zac. :confused:

The first important thing is that he is not old (many cats live happily until their late twenties and beyond).

Unfortunately his malnutrition, which may have been going on for years, has epigenetically predisposed him to dis-ease. That can be reversed given time, love and the will of the universal consciousness that originally gives us the miracle of life.

In my experience, it's unusual to have significant gingivitis along with no teeth. In the conventional vet world we sometimes pull teeth to help treat gingivitis.

In his case, the gingivitis may be associated with a co-infection like his FIV, bartonella, calicivrus, etc.

But then that brings us back to the fact that his depleted inner "terrain" predisposed him to get sick in the first place.

Regarding his excessive urinating, twitching and not eating, you may want to have some kidney (and other) tests run ASAP. It sounds like electrolyte and IV fluid replacement may be needed.

On Monday we can connect by Zoom Over the weekend it would need to be by Skype (which is a free download and very worthwhile).

MichelleP

Registered
Hi Michelle-

The first important thing is that he is not old (many cats live happily until their late twenties and beyond).

Unfortunately his malnutrition, which may have been going on for years, has epigenetically predisposed him to dis-ease. That can be reversed given time, love and the will of the universal consciousness that originally gives us the miracle of life.

In my experience, it's unusual to have significant gingivitis along with no teeth. In the conventional vet world we sometimes pull teeth to help treat gingivitis.

In his case, the gingivitis may be associated with a co-infection like his FIV, bartonella, calicivrus, etc.

But then that brings us back to the fact that his depleted inner "terrain" predisposed him to get sick in the first place.

Regarding his excessive urinating, twitching and not eating, you may want to have some kidney (and other) tests run ASAP. It sounds like electrolyte and IV fluid replacement may be needed.

On Monday we can connect by Zoom Over the weekend it would need to be by Skype (which is a free download and very worthwhile).
Hi Dr Jeff. The main issue right now is the 19.5 pancreatitis, swollen belly, has stopped popping for a few days and isn't touching water. Please advice on what to do about the pancreatitis until our call on Monday. I'm very worried about him over the weekend and am going to see a homeopath for myself now.. Perhaps there is something in the interim that may help Zac's pancreas and intestines? There has been a brief ultrasound where vets suspect some upper and lower intestinal problems too. Is there anything he can have for these 2 issues with the pancreas and intestines until we speak. Thanks ever so much for your quick reply.

MichelleP

Registered
Hi Dr Jeff. The main issue right now is the 19.5 pancreatitis, swollen belly, has stopped popping for a few days and isn't touching water. Please advice on what to do about the pancreatitis until our call on Monday. I'm very worried about him over the weekend and am going to see a homeopath for myself now.. Perhaps there is something in the interim that may help Zac's pancreas and intestines? There has been a brief ultrasound where vets suspect some upper and lower intestinal problems too. Is there anything he can have for these 2 issues with the pancreas and intestines until we speak. Thanks ever so much for your quick reply.
OK please let me know when we can speak over the weekend

MichelleP

Registered
Hi Michelle-

Hi Dr Jeff,
I have joined Skype and sent you an invitation. Please will you let me know if it would be possible to have a consultation today? Many thanks. Michelle

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
help Zac's pancreas and intestines
Absolutely! The best thing to support his pancreas is just what you're doing (very small amounts of food throughout the day).

Very, very important though is your own emotional state and energy flow. When we become anxious and fearful and uncertain about what to do, that energy directs affects our body's ability to heal which then also will affect Zac.

Your own homeopath will probably address this energetically with your next remedy.

Interestingly, we just finished recording a webinar all about this.

You may want to connect with the wonderful woman in Switzerland with whom we just recorded and who can also can help support you and Zac during this loving process of healing.

I'll now head over to Skype.

MichelleP

Registered
Absolutely! The best thing to support his pancreas is just what you're doing (very small amounts of food throughout the day).

Very, very important though is your own emotional state and energy flow. When we become anxious and fearful and uncertain about what to do, that energy directs affects our body's ability to heal which then also will affect Zac.

Your own homeopath will probably address this energetically with your next remedy.

Interestingly, we just finished recording a webinar all about this.

You may want to connect with the wonderful woman in Switzerland with whom we just recorded and who can also can help support you and Zac during this loving process of healing.

I'll now head over to Skype.
Good morning Dr Jeff,

I am having trouble posting. Can't see your last post. Please can you tell me what time you'd like to speak today (London gmt time). Thank you ever so much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Michelle!

I Skyped you at 12:40pm ET but you were not online, so just Skype me when you can (I should be here about 45 minutes more).

If I miss you, we'll talk tomorrow during our HMDM call.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom