• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Fleas

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I posted last night that Lola got fleas from a cat I was transporting for work and everyone was very kind to offer solutions for her itchiness. She was already taking Earth Animal internal powder and spraying occasionally w Wondercide. This morning I found a live flea on her even tho I gave her another bath yesterday. I haven’t had to deal with fleas in so many years I am beside myself. Help!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Judy! Sorry to hear about the fleas.

Have you flea combed the other pets and checked for potential flea hangouts in the house like in the carpet, under couches and beds, between flooring planks, etc?

Whenever you're able, you might want to start twice daily flea combing of all the pets and daily vacuuming.

Topical essential oils like Away and Evict from animaleo.com and Dr. Dryden's ("Dr. Flea") flea trap will help you:

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered

Have you flea combed the other pets and checked for potential flea hangouts in the house like in the carpet, under couches and beds, between flooring planks, etc?

Whenever you're able, you might want to start twice daily flea combing of all the pets and daily vacuuming.

Topical essential oils like Away and Evict from animaleo.com and Dr. Dryden's ("Dr. Flea") flea trap will help you:

I can’t seem to find where to buy it

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
It looks like they don't sell those traps in USA... I found similar ones with good reviews, here and here. @Dr. Jeff , you think these are as good?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
The main attraction of Dr. Dryden's trap is the flashing light. I don't see that in these but have seen them before (tho can't find them now).

ValerieE

All-Access Member
Registered
Curious because there is so much contradictory info on the web, are essential oils safe for cats as well or only to be used on dogs?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered

I did buy a flea trap with no success. I think all fleas are gone but Lola’s hair looks awful and pink on legs from licking?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, sometimes the fleas can be gone but the flea allergy persists.

Are you still flea combing Lola everyday?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great! About how often are you bathing her (if at all)?

Do you use a humidifier?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom