• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

In Loving Memory of Vanya Feinman

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Today is Labor Day Monday 9/7/20, and I am writing to share a piece of sad news.

Three days ago we lost our sweet and beautiful Vanya Marie Land Feinman.
IMG_3381.jpg

Thank you to all of her friends who knew and supported her and to Jen, Diane, Dr. Chuck Noonan, Kate, who helped her (and us) during her transition.

An especially huge thank you to our friend Captain Craig who was with Vanya at the moment of her natural death.♥ ???♥

She had an especially aggressive form of kidney failure and protein loss in her urine.

Vanya was a good friend and companion to our kitty Tiggy, other rescue pup Archie, Amy and myself.

It was love at first sight as soon as Amy peered into Vanya's (named Vana White at that time) sad brown eyes that said "please save me, I promise to be a good girl".

And she was a very good girl.

She was usually an uncommonly quiet pup who never asked for anything. She usually just kept to herself, didn't like going out or playing with other dogs, and preferred to just stay isolated in her crate and not bother anyone.

We tried to give her (what we thought would be) a good life. Unfortunately, these attempts all failed.

Vanya and I attended many private and group trainings in an attempt to help her engage with life.

All of these attempts were thwarted by an inability to be motivated and her apparent dislike for any game. She seemed to only have a strong desire to be left alone.

Even though she didn't want to play or experience life she seemed happy at home.

Unbeknownst to me, she was teaching me a very important lesson that started to take form on Sunday, July 1 2018.

That was the day that @jumstead1023 brought Archie into our life.

Archie is also a rescue with a very sad past, but he is still so incredibly happy and exuberant that Miss V found it hard to resist. She even started to play and seemed to enjoy engaging with him!

http://instagr.am/p/BljJgOZA04Y/
I think this was Vanya's first ever positive experience with another dog. Within a few days, they were happily playing in the yard. It was beautiful and inspiring to watch.

http://instagr.am/p/BljH_g7nSD6/
However, these play sessions didn't last. She stopped playing after she ran into a bench about a year later.

This lesson she was showing me didn't completely come fully into my conscious until Vanya's life ended 3 days ago.

It is about the importance of play, love and connection.

The important lessons that I learned from Vanya's life are just starting.

We love and miss you Vanya and I am honored that you chose me to share your message.

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
We are so sorry to hear about Vanya. She was beautiful We will miss Vanya very much. The last time we had class at your house she was so funny. She kept working the room getting petted. Life is different for all of us. She was safe and protected in your care. I suspect that everyone on this site has felt this pain at some time and we feel for you, Amy, Archie, and Tiggy.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much, Liz. We also miss her very much and deeply appreciate her time with us.:(

I hope that we could help her be as happy as possible.

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
I am so sorry to hear about Vanya. You gave her the best life possible. Even though Vanya was a quiet dog I’m sure your home seems even quieter now without her presence. Thinking of you, Amy, Archie and Tiggy.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Debbie. It's quieter and I'm still seeing her everywhere. ?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Today is Labor Day Monday 9/7/20, and I am writing to share a piece of sad news.

Three days ago we lost our sweet and beautiful Vanya Marie Land Feinman.?
IMG_3381.jpg

Thank you to all of her friends who knew and supported her and to Jen, Diane, Dr. Chuck Noonan, Kate, who helped her (and us) during her transition.

An especially huge thank you to our friend Captain Craig who was with Vanya at the moment of her natural death.♥ ???♥

She had an especially aggressive form of kidney failure and protein loss in her urine.

Vanya was a good friend and companion to our kitty Tiggy, other rescue pup Archie, Amy and myself.

It was love at first sight as soon as Amy peered into Vanya's (named Vana White at that time) sad brown eyes that said "please save me, I promise to be a good girl".

She was usually an uncommonly quiet pup who never asked for anything. She usually just kept to herself, didn't like going out or playing with other dogs, and preferred to just stay isolated in her crate and not bother anyone.

We tried to give her (what we thought would be) a good life. Unfortunately, these attempts all failed.

Vanya and I attended many private and group trainings in an attempt to help her engage with life.

All of these attempts were thwarted by an inability to be motivated and her apparent dislike for any game. She seemed to only have a strong desire to be left alone.

Even though she didn't want to play or experience life she seemed happy at home.

Unbeknownst to me, she was teaching me a very important lesson that started to take form on Sunday, July 1 2018.

Archie is also a rescue with a very sad past, but he is still so incredibly happy and exuberant that Miss V found it hard to resist. She even started to play and seemed to enjoy engaging with him!

I think this was Vanya's first ever positive experience with another dog. Within a few days, they were happily playing in the yard. It was beautiful and inspiring to watch.

However, these play sessions didn't last. She stopped playing after she ran into a bench about a year later.

This lesson she was showing me didn't completely come fully into my conscious until Vanya's life ended 3 days ago.

We love and miss you Vanya and I am honored that you chose me to share your message.

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered

Three days ago we lost our sweet and beautiful Vanya Marie Land Feinman.?
IMG_3381.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thank you Judy for your thoughts and for bringing Archie into my life.

Archie has been a savior in many ways.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
I am so sorry to hear of dear Vanya passing.
I know with all my being that you and Amy and Archie and Tiggy gave Vanya the best life. She came to your life knowing that you would.
Your love filled her days and nights.
She is such a beautiful, beautiful girl.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Carol. These are difficult days for all of us but we are trying to stay connected with extra walks and agility practice for Archie.

Vanya is in my heart and is still teaching me how important it is to focus on the positive and enjoy every day.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much, Judy. Yes, he needs an emotional support dog and playmate that is his size or smaller.

He may also need to come visit camp Hemlock for a playdate.

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
Good Morning Dr Jeff,
I am just catching up on the forum. So sorry to hear of Vanya's passing.
So many things to be learned by every animal that enters our lives.... they are all truly amazing.
Bob and I remember meeting Vanya not long after she came to live with you and Amy. She was so sweet and beautiful.
We were in your office with our sweet boy Zeus, a dog that taught us so much and one that not one day goes by without thinking about him and mentioning him in conversation.
Our sincere condolences to You, Amy and Archie. We are truly sorry for your loss.
Jackie and Bob

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing your memory and kind words Jackie. I hope that you and Bob are doing well.

LisaP

All-Access Member
Registered
I am so sorry Dr Jeff. As someone mentioned above, everyone in this group has surely felt this pain and we can all share in the emptiness that you are feeling without Vanya's physical presence. She was brought into your life for a reason and you are clearly so in tune to what that reason was. She truly was in the best home for her and she had the best life with you, your wife, and the other members of your pack. Vanya will live on in the work that you do every day. My heart is broken for all of you. ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your kind words, Lisa.

MisaO

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, I am so sorry to hear about Vanya. I only met with Vanya via one of the webinars, but her pure and gentle energy caught my heart right away! Vanya was such a lucky girl to be with your loving family. Vanya didn't need her body any longer. Her soul is too beautiful for the body she was wearing. Vanya continues to live vividly in our hearts...

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff, Thank you for sharing Vanya with us. Your story about her brought tears as I read. I really enjoyed watching the video you shared as well. She looked so happy with Archie. I know this is a hard time as you all grieve and remember. If you work with a communicator, I'm sure we would all benefit from what she may tell you. Thank you. Interestingly, thoughts about Vanya have been popping into my mind for a while now. She is such a beautiful, sweet soul.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom