• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Quality and source of remedies

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Is there a difference in the quality of remedies from different preparers? I am looking to get
Psorinum30c. The only place that will sell this to a lay person is Natural Health Supply in NM.
I would prefer Hahnemann, but,,,
Thank you.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
I ent to the website of Natural Health Supply, and they do not appear to sell nosodes to lay people. This is from their website:
Homeopathic Remedies
Unknown Tag: 'Title'
Natural Health Supply has over 500 homeopathic remedies in many different strengths, or potencies. Order remedies online by finding a remedy on our alphabetical (A-Z) list, choose the vial size (eg-.5 dram is smallest, about 1 inch tall and holds only #10 pellets; 2 dram is 1/4 ounce, about a lipstick size tube, and the most common, any size pellet; 1, 2, & 4 oz the same; or 1oz h2o for remedies as water dilutions, such as LMs); pellet size (SMALL #10 "poppy seed" size, MEDIUM #20, or LARGE #30 "beebee" size, and most common); potency (choose 30C if not familiar with other potencies), plus quantity, and the price will be calculated for you. For LM Potencies, choose .5dram, #10 pellet; if liquid dilution is preferred, choose 1 oz h2o in the "size" column.
Remedies called "nosodes" are available by prescription only from a licensed doctor, which license has to be on file with us, these include Bacillinum, Crataegus, Lyssin, Medorrhinum, Psorinum, Tuberculinum, etc. To order these, do so in the "comments" when completing your order with all the particulars, or call us to verify availability.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for investigating this Dr. Sara.

Yes Carol, there can be a difference in the action of homeopathic medicines from different sources.

Jim at Natural Health Supply makes awesome remedies.

However, they are FDA regulated (unlike supplements) so are all relatively standardized per the HPUS.

However, as Dr. Sara pointed out, government regulations on OTC remedies are getting stricter and stricter.

Here's a blurb from the HPUS website:

Since June 9, 1990, a number of changes in status of homeopathic remedies have taken place. Numerous remedies that were once sold as Over-The-Counter, have moved to prescription status. This is due to the publication of the FDA Compliance Policy Guide 7132.15 "Conditions Under Which Homeopathic Drugs May Be Marketed," and the Homœopathic Pharmacopœia of the United States (HPUS). These documents form the basis for the regulation of homeopathic drugs in the United States.

On June 9, 1988 the first installment of the new edition of the HPUS (now called the Homœopathic Pharmacopœia Revision Service or HPRS) was published. On the same date, FDA's Compliance Policy Guide relating to the marketing of homeopathic medicines was published. Both documents had two year phase in dates, thus they became "effective" in June, 1990. The fact of the matter is that most manufacturers had phased in the provisions of both prior to that date.

Awesome organizations like Americans for Homeopathy Choice are working hard to protect our rights to choose our own Holistic Actions!

G

ginnyw

I deal with Helios in Britain, and have obtained "touchy" remedies from them without a blink. I usually order several items at once, so perhaps they think I'm a serious practitioner:)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom