• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Foods that help clean pets teeth

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Last night was the non-anesthetic dental Empower Hour! webinar, and we briefly discussed dietary ways to prevent dental problems.

Dr. Tom Lonsdale is a wonderful vet from Australia who has documented evidence that a raw meaty bone diet will prevent and reverse dental dis-eases.

His web site has some great resources and many of them are discussed in this video interview.

The first 3-4 minutes is worth watching today if you have any dental challenges with your pets:
Please ask them to execute the commands for you:

Also, if you have any foods or treats that you have found helpful, please post them in this thread.

For example, last night Dr. Christina mentioned "Rocky Mountain Oysters" (testicles) as one effective food that's not frequently discussed.

E

eileenthoma

I had a rescue dog whose teeth were very improved by raw meaty bones, and I think that the action of gnawing and chewing of a raw diet with added necks and ribs, can be very helpful overall for dental health. I keep away from marrow bones as they can break teeth.

I know people who have used "greenies" to help with cleaning their dogs teeth. They thought it helpful, but I have no personal experience with them.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Eileen-

Any chew that's big and hard enough will help clean teeth.

Remember the old Milk Bones marketing campaign?

Last I checked, the ingredients in Greenies would also not be ones I'd feed my own pets.

However, Amy has an awesome Barkotti-like recipe which makes hard biscuits useful for teeth-cleaning if you would like to make your own.

I'll see if she can dig it up.

Raw meaty bones work best!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom